Chapter 23 - That Jerk

"JACK! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" my father's voice boomed through the house.

I stood there in front of him trying to understand the situation.

"Um, what are you asking dad?" I said quite scared of the way dad's anger was radiating around him.

"Don't act so innocent!" He screamed at me again but this time he tried to keep his cool.

"I really don't know." And just as I finished my sentence, he slapped me hard across the face.

The pain in my left cheek and the tears just waiting to fall like a waterfall from my eyes, was unbearable. I stood there, hand on my cheek and my brain malfunctioning.

I didn't know what was happening.

"Ravenna told me everything about you're disgusting secret." Dad now calmly but disgustingly said.

Secret? Oh no.

I whipped my head as fast as I could to look at my father.

Now, I let my tears fall freely because there was no reason to hold them in.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry." Only an apology came out of my mouth and even in the silence of the room, it was still barely audible.

"I can't believe I raised a homosexual under my own roof. I can't even imagine all the disgusting thoughts you would have had about the same gender. I'm truly disgraced today." He spat with venom laced in his every word.

I cringed at the tone of his voice. And only another apology came out of my mouth.

It felt like I was numb from all the emotional pain. I couldn't move from the place I stood and I couldn't take my eyes off the ground. Tears were still falling from my eyes and making it hard for me to focus on the ground.

I was broken.

"Get out of my house. And leave from my life right now." He spat again.

My eyes widened and I only had the energy to look at his face. Wrong move.

The disgust and hatred shown on his face was enough to break me more.

I still couldn't move after seeing his face, I had still little hope that maybe he'd show some mercy to me.

Even after his piercing words I still believed that maybe he would comfort me and hug me, saying that he'd understand that I didn't choose this. It wasn't my choice to be this way. He was my father, after all. If he wouldn't comfort me then who would.

"GET OUT, NOW!" I flinched from the harshness and loudness of his voice.

I lifted my head to see that my whole family was behind him looking at me with pity, disgust and sadness.

It was only Ravenna who caught my eye and held it for a moment.

She was smirking and she mouthed something I couldn't understand.

"GET OUT OR I'LL THROW YOU OUT!" Dad's voice boomed throughout the house again making me flinch.

I still looked at Ravenna with my blurry vision.

She kept mouthing something.

' -p'.

"GET OUT!"

'-ake-'.

"I SAID GET OUT!"

' wake-'