Chapter 18 - Family Time (Part 2)

"You tricked us! How could you!?" Ravenna screamed from the upper area of the small cottage.

"Ravenna, honey that's no way to talk to your parents." Mom scolded Ravenna.

"But you didn't tell us that there won't be any Wi-Fi here." Ravenna whined now coming downstairs with a frown on her face.

"When I said that we were going to spend time together the old-fashioned way, it meant with no Wi-Fi." Mom explained to Ravenna.

Sandra and I were trying so hard not to run out the door right now. We both couldn't live without Wi-Fi, well I could but only for a considerable amount of time.

Ravenna on the other hand couldn't breathe without it so yeah, she had a right to act like that.

"But-" Ravenna was cut off by dad.

"Let's just tell each other about our lives or some family stuff." Ravenna stomped her foot and sat down next to Sandra on the couch.

"Aw, cheer up Anna. Don't be sad." Uncle rick tried to bring a smile to her face but failed. After a while he gave up.

I looked at my phone seeing that Aaron had texted me.

'How you doing jack-a-roo?' – Aaron

Why does this guy come up with such ugly names? Why does he even try?

'Nothing Aary Berry' – Jack

That will teach him not to make names.

"Okay. So, who wants to go fishing with me?" Uncle rick asked all of us as he stood up from the sofa.

"Oh, I'll come with you. Maybe it'll keep my mind busy."

I gave in because seriously being in the middle of a forest without Wi-Fi was just torture. Uncle rick and I left the cabin after getting permission from mom and dad, because that was necessary.

We made our way to the small lake that was behind the cottage as he carried most of the fishing stuff, like the bait and the fishing poles.

"Uncle Rick, I don't think there are fishes in there."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous, sure there are."

"Okay now Jack, watch and learn." Uncle Rick drew the fishing pole back before he threw it in the water. After a while Sandra and Ravenna came out too.

"What are you doing?" Sandra asked no one in particular.

"He's showing me how to fish." I answered her pointing towards uncle Rick.

"Yay." Ravenna cheered sarcastically.

"You kids are so boring." Uncle rick chimed in as he looked out in the water.

"Yeah." Ravenna replied again lifelessly.

"Okay. I'm gonna go see what mom and dad are doing." I told them to escape from the thick atmosphere and just as I was about to leave.

"Oh, I got something!" Uncle Rick yelled as he tugged on the fishing pole.

"Take it out!" Sandra suddenly got enthusiastic which made me raise an eyebrow.

Uncle Rick pulled on the fishing pole with all his might silently, and a while later we saw the fish come out of the water. It was a huge fish at that too, and here I thought there wouldn't be any fish in the lake. Somethings are not as they seem.

"Let's go show this beauty to your parents." Uncle Rick skipped all the way inside the cottage. Like literally skipped.

When Sandra, Ravenna and I went back to the cottage, uncle Rick was showing the huge fish to mom and dad, who were definitely amazed.