Chapter 9 - The Group Date

Since Aaron was an idiot enough to plan a group date when he actually just had to plan a stupid double date, we were headed to the cafeteria to see if we could find Brad. We had to tell her that he finally got a date with Sarah.

Oh, I can just imagine his happiness. He would probably jump around the place after knowing that he got a date with Sarah. Ugh! I hate you Aaron.

Aaron and I got to the cafeteria and we found Brad pretty quick too, sitting at the middle table with his friends.

We walked towards him and grabbed him by the arms. He was confused, obviously, as we dragged him away from the table while his friends watched us with confusion.

"Hey! What the hell you doing guys?" He questioned us, but we just dragged him towards an empty table at the back of the cafeteria.

When we had sat down, Brad asked again, "Is there an explanation for this?"

"Yes. We have good news for you." Aaron began with excitement as he tried to control his large smile.

And I just rolled my eyes. I'm starting to think that Aaron isn't my friend. He's Brad's friend, but even though I disliked the fact that Sarah was going to go on a date with Brad, I was also happy for the guy.

"And what is this good news?" Brad asked glancing towards his friends that were staring at us with confusion, clear on their faces.

"Sarah agreed to go on a date with you!" Aaron exclaimed excitedly, while I rolled my eyes at his obvious excitement.

"Get out!" Brad exclaimed in disbelief as he stood up from his seat.

"Yep, and you know who got you that date?" Aaron asked Brad, and this question made me raise an eyebrow in question as I looked at Aaron.

"No. Who did? I'll thank that person personally." Brad smiled as he looked at both of us with a genuine look in his eyes.

"Well, I'll give you a hint. That person is sitting amongst us right now."

"Just tell me, Aaron. Stop playing games." Aaron chuckled at Brad's impatience.

"Oh, come on. It's no fun without a little teasing. Right?"

I rolled my eyes because I couldn't handle not knowing what he was going to say, so I piped in.

"Just tell the guy Aaron, who got him that date?"

"Oh Jack. Stop playing around. You know so well who I'm talking about." Aaron bumped his shoulders with me, which made me frown.

"No, I don't Aaron." I did the same as him but with a little more force, which made him smile tight-lipped.

"Could you guys just tell me the person's name?" Brad said now slightly annoyed, as he glanced towards his friends' table again.

"Okay, okay, I guess the wait has been enough. The person that you got you that long-awaited date is Jack, right here." I widened my eyes when Aaron signaled towards me. Brad gave me a grateful smile before he got up from his seat and came to hug me.

Brad hugged my side and I felt so awkward, while Aaron just watched us with shining eyes. Damn him, and damn this hug. I don't even know anymore, if I should hate Brad or not.

He's a nice guy but he's going to be dating Sarah if I don't do something.

"It's a group date though, so you know, lots of people, and no alone time. I hope you're okay with that." Aaron mentioned which made Brad break off the one-sided hug.

"It's okay. At least I got a date with her. I'm eternally grateful to you, Jack." Brad spoke while looking at me.

"Okay." That's all I could say to that.

Aaron mentioned the time and the day for the date before Brad went back to his friends', well not after giving me another hug. That big guy was a hugger, for sure.

I felt myself smile when I saw how happy he looked as he went back to his friends.

But now I'm getting all depressed. I guess I didn't have a chance with her, to begin with.

Sarah's POV:

How could Jack not even protest about the date? How can she just agree? I mean, I know I did go a little too far, but It's all her fault.

I was brought out of my thoughts when a book slammed on the table I was sitting at, getting a lot of 'sh's' from the people around.

Yep. You guessed it. I'm at the library right now. I just wanted to bury myself in something other than my own thoughts. I'm a lowkey nerd because I just love to read. I mean who doesn't. You're doing it right now.

Anyway, this person that slammed the book on the table I was sitting at, sat beside me. She opened her book and started reading.

I just couldn't concentrate on the book now. I needed to talk to someone and since I had company now, I decided to talk to her.

"Hey Naomi." I spoke in a low voice.

"Yes?"

"Um, can we talk?" I asked her slightly nervous. I mean, Naomi and I have been always good friends. And she even listens to what is happening in my life, but I've never talked to her related any relationship stuff.

"Yeah, we can." She paused before closing her book and continuing, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Well. It's about a date." I said while looking down at my hands and playing with my fingers.

"What about this date?" I could tell from her voice that she was curious.

"Aaron is going on this date with someone and he wanted it to be a double date, but then it ended up becoming a group date. And now Jack is going to go with Miranda, while I have a date with Brad. But I don't want to go with Brad, because I –" I cut myself off as I looked at Naomi raise a questioning eyebrow at me.

"Because what?" Naomi asked as she looked at me intently.

"– Because I like Jack."

A series of 'sh's' were heard as I quickly apologized to the people around us. Maybe I was a bit loud.

"And here I thought that you weren't just interested in relationships altogether. Who'd have known that you out of all people would be a lesbian?"

"Hey! I'm not disinterested in relationships, I just didn't like anyone enough to be in a relationship with them." I explained myself which made Naomi smirk.

"So, you like Jack and you're jealous."

She really thinks I'm jealous. I'm not jealous. Am I? You sure are.

Oh, shut up.

"I'm not jealous."

"Yes, you are and you are beginning to develop some deep feelings for her."

Deep feelings, is that another way to describe love? Am I beginning to feel love towards Jack?

"Tell you what. Judging by the group date that Aaron planned, I'm guessing he's also going to ask me to come. I can help you stay away from Brad and make Miranda stay away from Jack. So that, instead, you two can be together."

That seemed like a good idea.

"Oh, thank you, Naomi."

"Shh!" I gave the people around me a tight-lipped smile, before apologizing.

"Now stop worrying." Naomi said while getting up from her seat and picking her books.

"Wait. Who are you going to bring for the date?" I asked as I thought about it. I mean she is beautiful but who is she going to actually bring.

"That's for me to decide and you to find out." She smirked over at me before leaving to the library.

And now, we just have to actually go on this stupid date to know what happens.