Chapter 30 - Her

"So, what are you gonna do now?" Sandra asked as she laid on my bed eating potato chips.

"I don't know." I shrugged and she rolled her eyes.

"I think it's time you tell mom and dad about it."

"No way I'm telling them. I don't want them to kick me out or disown me."

"Come on, they're your parents, they would understand." Sandra reasoned but I wasn't going to just tell them after all this time.

"Nope. It's better if they don't know." I said with finality and she rolled her eyes again.

"It's better if you're free to have a girl over and introduce her as your girlfriend to your folks. Come on, Jack, this isn't just about what you want. What would you do if mom and dad found out and they go all sulky because you didn't tell them yourself?" Sandra said while sitting up and I shrugged as a response.

"You're not taking this seriously." She calmly stated.

"What can I do? Whenever I imagine myself telling them, I only imagine the things that could go wrong!" I angrily said and Sandra sighed.

"Why do you imagine the worse? What if they accept you?" Sandra asked me calmly.

"Because I know that by telling them everything will go wrong." I answered.

"Just try it once okay. Try telling mom first and then dad. Mom would surely accept the fact that she had a son all along." Sandra tried to crack a joke and I frowned at her. She puffed her cheeks and then went out of my room with the packet of potato chips.

Why doesn't she share them with me? Bad sister.

....................................

Okay, breathe in and out. You can do this. You can do this.

"Mom." I called out to mom who was cooking. Dad wasn't home and uncle Rick was in his room, probably talking to his girlfriend.

"Yes honey." She said without looking at me as she kept cooking.

"Um, I need to tell you something." I said and I could not believe that I was about to listen to my sister.

"Okay?" My mom asked and then turned to face me.

"Um, first you have to promise not to hate me." I said and she looked at me confused.

"Honey, why would I hate you? I love you so much." Mom said and came near me to hug me.

"Um, because of what I'm gonna tell you." I said and I felt my throat being blocked by that massive thing that shows up when you're trying to hold your tears.

"Oh, I wouldn't hate you even if you were gay, honey." My mom said and hugged me tightly.

Wait, what?

"What did you say mom?" I asked her with shock and she broke our hug to look at me with confusion.

"What? That I wouldn't hate you?" Mom said and I shook my head.

"No after that." I said and she smiled at me.

"What? Honey?" Mom said and I could see the glint of mischief in her eyes.

"No, before that." I said and she smirked.

Wow, that's just scary. Looking at my mom smirk.

"That I love you even if you're gay so stop trying to hide it?" Mom said it more like a question and I raised my eye brow at her.