Chapter 15: Partying

Mariana put on a white top with a criss-cross front. She put on black leggings and small earrings. The dusk was starting to turn into night as she was planning on having a girl's night out with Leilani and Mona.

She put up some silver bracelets that dangled around her arm and then grabbed her purse. She checked herself out in the mirror before turning to Rio who admired her from the bed.

"What do you think Rio? Do you think I look nice?" She twirled and Rio tried grabbing the leggings with his claws. He went on his hind legs and batted it until he almost fell over.

Mariana chuckled and then settled him in the middle of the bed. She then strapped up her white high heels and then went out of the bedroom.

She found Micah seated on the couch, with Elisa and Axel perched on his legs in their pajamas. The lights were off and they watched Encanto on the TV as it glowed against their faces. When Elisa saw Luisa, she got up and copied her steps while singing along.

"I move mountain," Elisa stomped her feet and thrust her arms up excitedly. "An I glow ' I know my worth is."

"Diamon, planum, I find 'em, I flat 'em." She jumped on the spot and clapped excitedly. She then grabbed Axel and spun him around while giggling and singing. Micah cheered them on until he noticed Mariana standing at the doorway.

"Look guys, doesn't mommy look so gorgeous," he said as he watched her walk in like a princess. She blushed as she stood in the middle where her kids started clapping.

"Oooh Mama pwetty!" Axel said.

"She look bootiful!" Elisa exclaimed. She then got something out of her pocket and started walking towards her.

"I made for you," she said and wrapped a flower bracelet around Mariana's wrist.

"Aw thank you, sweetie." She bent down and kissed her forehead. She made sure the bracelet stayed tightly on her so it won't accidentally slip.

"Mama." Axel sweetly tugged on her shirt.

"Yes, my darling?"

"If scared, breath deep," Axel said and also hugged her legs.

"Cause your strong!" Elisa added.

"Aw, thank you, my babies." Mariana felt like she was almost going to cry at how they were concerned for her. It felt like she was doing something right.

"I wan mama safe," Axel said and patted her.

"I want no harm my mama," Elisa also said.

Meanwhile, she saw Micah smirking at the couch and she knew he was thinking, 'I told you your kids don't hate you.'

Just then, there was a loud knock on the front door. Mariana gently pulled Elisa off her and went to open it. She opened the door and squealed when she saw Leilani. She wore a black top with some blue jeans and a sharp, streak of eyeliner that made her eyes stand out in the darkness.

"Hey girl!" Mariana said and pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, are you all set?" Leilani asked as she came in with Miguel and Mateo behind.