Chapter 51: Back to Normal

A/N: Mariana's smexy outfit 😌❤️✨^^^

2 weeks later...

Mariana wore a long red dress with a slit riding up her leg. Her hair was in a high ponytail and golden leaf hair pins pinned around her curls. Her gold eyeshadow skated over the glowing brown in her eyes with a thick glide of eyeliner.

She held her two gems who were safe in her arms. She wore a matching butterfly bracelet and earrings with Elisa who wore a red, fluffy dress. Her hair was in a braided bun with a small crown on top. Meanwhile, Axel had a red shirt and black trousers.

It was the day of Micah's grand opening of his restaurant and everyone was excited. Mariana was dressed the sexiest and the happiest that this day had finally come and they had their two children with them.

Everyone was ready but they were just waiting for Aidan to arrive. Micah fought the urge to look down at his watch. He looked longingly at the road while leaning against the wall.

Mariana looked over with him. Her teeth clattered as she was worried if Aidan was coming soon. She didn't want Micah coming home, disappointed that Aidan didn't come when this was the one chance to fix their relationship. They had come so far, it would be a shame to see it all go down the drain.

"Hey, did your dad say he was coming today?" Mariana went up to his sisters and asked them.

"Yeah, yesterday he said he was," Mylah replied.

"Maybe he's stuck in traffic," Makayla suggested. She was shrouded with a pink fluffy scarf, and her eyes cast down to her phone where she typed.

"Probably. He was going to come with us but had to look for something so he said he'll catch up," Mylah said.

"Well, I hope he comes because I can't bear to see Micah come home sad when he should be happy today." Mariana sighed. "Then he's going to start ranting about how much he hates his dad."

She then put Elisa on the ground and Axel in his stroller because her arms started aching. She leaned against the wall and rubbed her abdomen. She already felt exhausted and had mild cramps.

"Imagine he gets a whiskey bottle and then dad comes to your house and he throws it at him." Mylah smiled with amusement. "I remember when he did that to Mason and it smashed against the wall."

"Urgh don't remind me," Mariana said and hid her face, "I remember when that happened."

"When was this?" Makayla asked, glancing between them.

"The day before we went to Milan when Mom was doing my hair. Micah stormed in and Mason came a bit after and Micah started shouting at him."

"I felt so awkward when that happened," Mariana said and rubbed her neck. She then glanced at Micah who was coming toward them. He picked Elisa up in his arms and took her hand.

"Come on my princesa, let's go open it." He smiled weakly as he caressed Mariana's palm.

"What now?" Mariana said with surprise popping out of her mouth. "Are you sure you don't want to wait a bit longer?" She thought it was a bit too soon and they could spare a few minutes.

"No. There's no point since he's not coming."

"Oh okay then," Mariana said. She held onto the stroller with one hand, and let Micah lead her away with the other. She noticed how he kept rubbing his face against his shoulder while Elisa sucked her thumb.

"Are you sure your okay Micah?"

"Yeah." His head shot up toward her and he forced a big smile. "I mean I knew he wasn't going to show up anyway so I'm okay." He spoke but his voice was increasingly shaking. "I can't be disappointed if I wasn't expecting anything in the first place."