CH 08

Camilla's POV

Gina stayed with me and helped me get ready for the dinner with their parents. She told me about how the Matteo I met wasn't usually like that, she said something happened before and that's why he acts how he is today.

Gina and I also got to know each other. I learned that she is 2 years older than me, found her mate the moment she turned 18 years old, she is also a friendly and a cheerful person.

"Do you think your brother hates me?" I ask her as she curls my hair

"No. He just chose to not trust anyone new anymore. He is also very stubborn."

".. he doesn't trust me?" I ask sadly

Gina sighs. "My brother went through a lot mentally. Just give it time, he'll warm up to you."

I nod as I sigh. After putting on the dress Gina lend me, I was ready. I look at myself on the mirror and smile, I look so pretty and almost like a princess. Gina fixed me up nice.

After Gina finished getting ready, we both head to the dining area. I let out a nervous sigh and convince myself I'll be okay and the dinner will go through smoothly. We both enter the dining area and I see an older male version of Gina sitting at the head chair and to his left is an older female version of Matteo. Upon seeing us, the lady's face lit up and came rushing to us.

"Oh dear, look at you! Aren't you a beauty?" she gushes as she examines me

"Excuse my mother, she's just really excited to meet you." Gina tells me then faces her mom, " Mother." she lightly scolds

Her mother laughs heartily.

"I apologize. It's finally nice to meet you, dear. You can call me Kaitlyn." She smiles at me

"Nice to meet you too." I say and return the smile.

"Come, sit!" She says

Gina goes to sit beside her mother while I sit across from Gina, leaving a space on my right for Matteo.

"Camilla, this is my husband, Lance. Honey, this is Camilla, Matteo's real mate." Kaitlyn introduces

Confusion filled my head when Kaitlyn introduced me as Matteo's real mate and I look to the head chair to see Matteo's dad observing me. I push the confusion away and politely greet him with a bow, and then finally, he breaks into a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Camilla." He smiles welcomingly

I smile and nod.

"Where is Matteo?"

"Oh, you know your brother, always late to dinners like this." Kaitlyn sighs

She shakes her head then turns to me with a smile.

"So, Camilla, who are your parents and what do they do?" Kaitlyn asks me

"My parents were the former Alpha and Luna, Alpha Theo and Luna Rosalie, Your Majesty." I reply

Kaitlyn's eyes brighten up and looks to her husband, who smiles.

"Ooh! My son got himself a pure Alpha blood! Not to mention your parents are our long time friends!" Kaitlyn happily say

I tilt my head sideways in confusion.

"Yes dear, your parents were our long time friends, before you were born. We stopped talking when your brother and our Matteo were growing up, we just got too busy with parenthood and running our own packs." Kaitlyn tells me, suddenly feeling down

"I miss Rosie so much." Kaitlyn says sadly as she looks to her husband, who holds her hand in comfort

"Well, maybe this time you can reconnect?" I say

When Kaitlyn looks to me, I continue. " Since you both and my parents have retired, you have more time now to catch up and all, like old times."

Kaitlyn smiles and looks to her husband with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"I don't see why that can happen." Lance says

Kaitlyn squeals and jumps out of her seat to embrace her mate.

"I cant wait to reconnect with my Rosie!" Kaitlyn says happily as Gina and I smile

"Mom?"

I tense up and my smile was now long gone when I heard his voice. I hear his footsteps getting louder as he comes closer, and then he stops. No doubt seeing me present in the room. I slightly turn and see him standing by the door frame.

"Oh! Matteo, sweetie! What took you so long to come?" Kaitlyn asks as Lance notify the staff to bring out the food

"My piled up paperwork." He simply answered

"Well, why are you still standing there? Come, sit!" Kaitlyn says, pointing to the chair beside me

I hear his hesitant steps then he walks and sits beside me. Kaitlyn looks at us and grins.

"Aww! Don't you two look cute together!" She gushes

Matteo clears his throat as I look the other way. A few seconds later, the staff came out with dishes of food. They placed it on the table and then goes back into the kitchen.

Dinner was slightly uncomfortable. Matteo ignored my presence through out the dinner, which made Carla whimper in sadness. Kaitlyn notices this so as a bubbly and friendly person she is, she and I talked while we ate dinner. Gina and Lance would occasionally join in the conversation or laugh along.

After dinner, Kaitlyn and Gina gave me a mansion tour, then we walked slowly as we enjoy the cold night air and how the garden looked at night. I came to learn that both Kaitlyn and Gina liked the cold air during the night as well. The three of us got along well which Carla and I were happy about.

After the walk, we separate ways and return to our own rooms. I close my door and get ready for bed. I walk to my walk-in closet and pick out a matching tank top and shorts. I take a quick shower then wear my night clothes and brush my teeth. As I close my bathroom door, my bedroom door opens. I turn to the door in alarm, Carla immediately took full control and stood still. Matteo walks in and surveys the room before he turned to look at me. His cold stare made me want to shiver. Carla goes back and gave me back my control.

"Matteo, wha-"

He pushes me to wall behind me and pins me there. He growls lowly at me as his blue-green eyes stares at me coldly.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks me

"I'm sorry?"

"How dare you be buddy buddy with my family?" He growls

"Shouldn't I be? I am your mate." I say

"Of course you are." He says harshly

I looked at him confused. "I am.." I trail off

He growls and tighten his hold on me. I wince.

"Matteo, you're hurting me." I whimper

"Listen, Camilla, stay away from my family and my pack. Tell your witch friend to quit it because I'm not falling for it. Go back to whoever you are working with against me before I kill you." He threatens

I was now shaking. What is he talking about? What witch friend is he referring to? Does he honestly think I'm not his mate?

With one last look, he lets go and storms out of my room. Leaving me hurt, confused, and curious as to who the witch friend and the rebel he's talking about.

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~
And there goes Matteo's trust issues.

An unknown witch friend and rebel? Who are they and what did they do to Matteo?