CH 22

Gina's POV

Matteo swiftly stands up and paces back and forth, confused.

"Stop playing with me, G. Why are you confusing me? I've finally accepted that Camilla is my mate and now you're saying she's not Camilla?"

I sigh, "Matt-"

"No! You guys have been telling me that it's real, that she's real!" He yells, stressed

"Matteo, listen to me!" I raised my voice and hold him still

"The Camilla with us now is an imposter. She disguised herself as your mate to take something from you. Our Camilla has been kidnapped and is somewhere, we're going to find her and bring her back." I tell him slowly, "Hasn't Mason been feeling confused lately that he's not feeling the mate bond between you and the imposter?" I ask

He nods slowly, "He has. He keeps pacing around my mind and telling me something isn't right."

"There is your proof."

He sighs, "How did this happen?"

"It probably happened at one of Camilla's daily morning jogs."

He paces back and forth again, feeling anxious.

"I'll find her, Matt. Don't worry."

"I'm coming with you." He says

"No, you should stay here and act normal, like nothing is wrong. I'll have ten of our trusted guards with me and find Camilla."

"But that's my mate, G!"

"I know. But if you start acting worried and the imposter sees that, we'll put the entire pack in danger."

He sighs worriedly, but eventually he nods, knowing that I'm right.

"Okay. I'll go and come back discreetly. I'll update you when I found her." I say

He nods and hugs me tight.

"Bring her back safely, G."

"I will, M."

I pull away and give my brother a reassuring smile before leaving his office. I march my way to the training grounds and call our strongest and trusted guards to follow me. Once we're far from the others and out of earshot, I filled them in on a sudden search party for Camilla. After briefing them, we start preparing to leave.

Hang on, Cam. We're coming for you.

Camilla's POV

I groan and clear my throat a little at how dry it is. It has been 17 hours since my last drop of water. I guess you could say that I misbehaved again and they punished me with bruises on my body and starved me. Carla has been saving all her energy, she disconnected from me to be able to do that.

My ears perk up at the sound of  keys and seconds later, my door opens. I look towards the door and see their guard had come to give me food and water.

This is my chance in escaping.

The guard comes and set the tray by my feet. I clear my throat to speak.

"Can you please help me? I need to pee really bad and it has been hours since I last did."

The guard looks at me unconvinced.

"Please? I really need to pee. No tricks I promise, I'm too weak for that anyway." I say

Just then, Carla connected with me again.

"Get ready, Carla. We'e going to escape." I tell her

The guard seem to be convinced and comes to unlock my chains on my ankles. He grabs me and pulls me up to my feet. Once in the middle of the room, I swiftly tackle him to the ground and snap his neck. In an instant, he's dead. I quickly and quietly grab the keys and unchain my wrists. Carla starts the process of healing my wounds. I grab the guard and drag him to my cot and chain him, I close the lights and quietly close the door.

I run out of the hallway and down the stairs, looking around my surroundings from time to time to see if anyone is around. Once the coast is clear, I run quickly to the back door through the kitchen. I open the door and come face to face with another guard.

As he was about to alert the others, I place my hand on his mouth and snap his neck. He drops to the floor unmoving, I drag him in and hide him behind the kitchen island. I leave the room and close the door. Once I'm out, I shift to my wolf form and start sprinting. I run and run, never looking back. Carla neatly swerve around the trees and over the rocks.

Minutes later, we could feel the familiar push of the border.

"We're almost home!" I say happily

"But isn't weird how near the lair was to our land?" Carla asks

And I agreed, it took a few minutes for us to run out of that area and back home.

"Cami, look! It's Gina!" Carla exclaims happily

She let me shift to my human form and I keep running towards Gina.

"Gina!" I call happily

She turns around and sees me, but what happened next stunned me. The guards shift to their wolf form and protects Gina from me. I come to stop as they bare their canines at me and growl warningly.

"Who are you and how do you know me?" She asks

"Gina, it's me! Camilla!" I say, looking back to see if they've followed me

Gina scoffs, "Do you really think I'm that dense to take your word and trust you?"

"But it is me!" I say

"No, you're not! Now where is the real Camilla!?"

"I'm right here! Please believe me!" I plead, I fall to my knees due to exhaustion