CH 14

Camilla's POV

I wake up feeling cranky. I groan as I turn to my left to avoid the sun shining into my room. My door suddenly burst open and I was squished by a hyper she-wolf.

I groan and push her off.

"It's too early for this." I groggily say

"Early? It's 12PM, Luna."

My eyes snap open.

"What did you just call me?"

"Luna."

I suddenly feel panic and nervous. Sensing my nervousness, she giggles.

"I'm just kidding. You're fine, but mom's asking where you are. She's worried cause she hasn't seen you this morning."

Letting out a relieved sigh, I sit up and slap Gina's arm.

"Don't do that again." I say, playfully glaring at her

I quickly get off the bed and walk to my bathroom to get ready. After I've freshen up, I change my clothes into a white tank top and black shorts, paired with a black denim jacket and my Vans. I leave my bathroom and go to make my bed.

Gina and I leave my room and go down to the dining area. Upon arriving, I see Kaitlyn letting out a relieved smile. Lunch went by smoothly as always. I was now on my own since Gina went to see her mate, which I have yet to meet, and Kaitlyn went to check on the pack's clinic.

I stroll around the pack lands and observe everything, careful not to go anywhere near the borders. I've pass by the pack's day care center, playground, houses, cottages, and clinic. Now, I've reach the training grounds, where Levi and Kyle are training the guards and soldiers. I look to the right and see Gina, watching adoringly at someone. I go closer.

"Which one is yours?" I ask and she jumps

"Geez, Mils. You scared the hell out of me." She says, calming her heart

I chuckle as I sit down next to her.

"So?"

Gina smiles and points to Levi.

"He's mine." She says proudly

"Levi. I never would've guessed." I chuckle

After a while of watching and talking to Gina, I suddenly didn't feel too good. My head was dizzy, skin was hot, and I felt weak.

Crap, I'm in another heat.

Gina's POV

Camilla was suddenly silent, too silent. Right after I noticed her silence, a strong smell of flowers and chocolate was present. I look to my left and see Camilla holding her head. Her skin was visibly becoming red.

"Crap." I say under my breath

I look around and see the unmated males looking at Camilla with lust.

I have to get her out of here.

Sensing the danger, Levi and Kyle command the mated guards and soldiers to hold the unmated ones back. They come running to us, Levi picks Camilla up bridal style, Sora, my wolf, growls lowly at how Levi is touching another she-wolf. I scold my wolf as it's not the time to be jealous and possessive since we both know Levi loves us and Camilla has her own.

"Matt, come back to the mansion quick. It's an emergency." I linked my brother as we ran to the mansion

Once arrived, we climb up to Camilla's room and Levi place her down gently on her bed. I take off her jacket to atleast have her feel a little bit of cool air. Within minutes, Matteo is back at the mansion.

"Where are you?"

"Camilla's room."

Within seconds, he's inside the room. His eyes land on Camilla's heated state, shifting from his normal eyes to black repeatedly.

"She's in heat. I don't know how she could still go in heat when she's already near you. Only you could help her, Matt." Kyle says

"How?" Matteo asks

"Just be with her, hold her." Levi replies

"While you do that, I have two mated guards stationed at the hallway. Far enough to give you some privacy but close enough to jump at any danger." Kyle says

With that we all leave, I look back at Camilla once more, having my worries melt away just a little because I know only my brother could help her.

Matteo's POV

The door closes and I look back at Camilla. She whimpers and groans in pain, she shifts uncomfortably on her bed.

"This is one of the proofs that she's your true mate, Matteo. Even Jess didn't react like this." Mason tells me

"How do we help her?" I ask

"Hold her, cuddle her. Anything. Physical contact is needed to reduce her pain. I'll do my best to hold back."

I slowly sit at the edge of her bed and hesitantly hold her leg. She visually relaxes but the heat was stronger. I go closer and hold her hand, she relaxes a little bit more, but she's still whimpering.

"That's not gonna help her. Go cuddle."

I sigh. I climb to her right and lay down. I scoot closer to her and pull her to me. She sighs in relief and cuddles deeper. I tuck her hair behind her ear as I see the redness of her skin starts to fade. All the lust that I felt when I saw her was now gone, the mate bond was now working to make Camilla feel better.

Soon, I hear light snores. I look down and see Camilla sleeping peacefully, her eyebrows would occasionally furrow together from feeling uncomfortable.

Everything just felt right. How I feel complete when I have her in my arms, how we fit together, and how happy Mason feels. Even Jess didn't have this effect on me and Mason.

I was so stupid that I kept denying her. I sigh as I remember all those times that I denied her as my mate and she would look hurt and heart broken. I feel angry at myself when I remember I left her when I finally found my other half.

"It's okay, Matt. You had trust issues, it's understandable that you didn't believe her right away. She understands, don't worry." Mason tells me

I sigh, I pull her closer and secure my arm around her. Now that I believe she's mine, I'm not gonna let anything happen to her. Especially that wolf that wants my crown.

I growl lowly as I remember what Kyle told me weeks ago.

"Alpha, the Luna just informed me that a male rogue was just outside our border, he was talking to her and even asked her to go to him as his chosen mate after he takes your crown."

"That lowlife mutt isn't going anywhere near what's ours." Mason growls protectively and I growl in agreement

"Levi, Kyle, send out our best trackers to track that rogue that was just by our border a few weeks ago. I'm positive it's the same rogue that joined hands with Onyx and Jess." I linked

"Yes, Alpha." They reply immediately

I look down at Camilla and place a gentle kiss on her head.

"I am not going to let that mutt touch a single hair on you."

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~

uhm... character development?!?? Applauses for Matteo for finally noticing Camilla as his mate!

Now that problem 1 is out of the way, problem 2 is still there for them to defeat. When will they be able to fight the rogue and what do they have in store for Matteo?