RECAP

Hello, readers.

I hope all of you are well, and as many of you have already noticed from the change in the story title, Intertwined Fates will be coming back this Saturday.

I will be providing more details on the updating schedule then, but be assured that I that the story will be updated regularly until completion, iA, because I've pre-written most of the rest of it. Of course, there is still some editing to be done, but that won't require months and months. Just the few days in between the updates should be enough.

Now, I feel like I should clarify why I took so much time off. Part of it was because life in general, but also because I think I'm just a slow writer in general. I go back and forth a lot to change plot points, edit things out, and I'm constantly analyzing what I've written to make sure that it's true to the character and that I'm not saying anything that sends out a harmful message.

That being said, prior to my hiatus, when I didn't have  many pre-written chapters and was pretty much publishing as I was writing, there were some things that make me cringe in retrospect. Specially, the scene where Khushi throws a glass at Arnav. Yeah, I'm not too happy about that, but it is what it is now, I suppose.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this update. Because it has been a while, I wanted to post a recap of everything that has happened thus far, in case anyone needs a reminder.

I know some of you are re-reading the story, and I love you for it, but this is for anyone who doesn't want to start all over again.

The story starts with sixteen-year old Khushi showing up at Shantivan to ask Naniji, Anjali and Arnav for forgiveness on behalf of her mother, Garima so that the cancer-stricken woman can die in peace. Garima previously had an affair with Anjali and Arnav's father, Arman, and she revealed the truth of the affair to their mother, Ratna on Anjali's wedding day.

Ratna was unable to handle this revelation and shot both herself and her husband to death. The double suicide-murder also led to Anjali's wedding being cancelled.

Arnav is furious at Khushi's request and kicks her out of Shantivan.

Later, Anjali decides to go and visit Khushi in Lucknow, both because she feels bad for her and also because she's afraid that Khushi may be a product of Garima's and Arman's affair.

Khushi lets her know that she's adopted, and Anjali ends up forgiving Garima. Garima dies, and Khushi is grateful.

The story then jumps to eight years later. Khushi is now a lawyer in Delhi working in the same firm as Shyam Monohar Jha, who gives her the creeps. One day, she spots Shyam and Anjali together, which doesn't make sense to her.

Frankly, she's quite nosy so she decides to try to understand more about their relationship. She sneaks into Shyam's office after work and finds Shyam's and Anjali's marriage certificate. However, there are also four other marriage certificates of four different couples.

She researches those couples, and discovers that the female counterparts in each of those couples have all been murdered in the same, gruesome ways, while there was no record of what happened to the husbands. She theorizes that Shyam was the husband with different names in all the cases, and fears that Anjali may be his next victim.

Therefore, she investigates with help from her old roommate, Lavanya, and gathers enough evidence so that the case against Shyam could be opened.

At this point, she realizes that if she leads the case, she would have to deal with the Raizadas, which is not something she wants to do.

So she prepares a file with relevant information, and gives it to Arnav. Arnav doesn't recognize her, but goes through the file and proceeds with the case.