Super Important Question (not an update)

Sorry for another non-update guys, but I have a very important question.

So I'm trying to figure this out from the show and the internet, but I'm still confused, so if you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

I've followed the sequence of events accurately enough I think so far--the Sangeet, mehndi, haldi.

And then there's the actual wedding ceremony, which consists of the jaimala rasm, the phere at the mandap, and then the tying of the mangal sutra.

Okay, now this is where I'm confused. Does the bride go home now with the groom's side for other rasms (i.e., the little games they play)? Does the bride's family typically join them, or is that something the show did to make Arnav and Khushi's entry more dramatic?

Also, I know there's supposed to be a reception, but it was cancelled in the show. But I'd still like to have it.

So...can I have the reception right after the official wedding ceremony is complete with Payal in the same outfit or does the couple need to go home first?

Someone please explain to me. I really need to get the details for logistical purposes and I don't want to write something inaccurate or accidentally offensive.

Thank you in advance.

-Noor