Going home

"Looks like everyone is fine" Hank announced.

     "And what happens when the next villain pulls something like this?" Snart asked crossing his arms.

    "I hate to agree with a villain but he's got a point," Wally said standing next to Lorna.

     "He's not a villain, He's a legend" Nate jumped in.

     "Thanks, fanboy but I can take care of myself" Snart rolled his eyes "I don't need you fighting a kid"

     "Actually, we have a little something prepared" Kaylin smiled pulling out a bin of cell phone-like devices "Hank made these there called Multiversal phones"

     "They look like flip phones" Damian replied skeptically as she started passing them out.

     "Everyone's a critic" Hank huffed crossing his arms.

     "Cool," Nina said right before Lorna took it from her "Hey!"

     "You're not getting this until we have a long talk with some leaguers" Lorna retorted.

     "Really? Do I get to train like you did with Green Lantern?" Nina looked at her hopefully.

     "We'll see" Lorna sighed. She really didn't want her sister to get caught up in the dangers of hero life but she knew the greater dangers of uncontrolled powers.

     "These will allow us to communicate from different earths" Kaylin informed them.

     "Interesting," Tim said studying the device.

     "I've got your ship fixed," Hank said turning to the legends "I did make a slight modification that will allow you to jump to different earths,"

     "Sweet" Ray's eyes practically sparkled "Can we-"

     "No," Mick said firmly "No to whatever nerdy thing you're about to ask"

     "But-" Ray tried to interject.

     "No" Mick growled crossing his arms.

     "As for the rest of you, I have the portal set up to send you home" He turned over to the portal machine.

     "Actually" Lorna looked back at her exhausted teammates "do you think it would be okay for us to rest here for tonight?"

     "Of course" Charles smiled "there's plenty of room in the school"

     "As long as you don't mind dealing with these goofballs" Wanda nodded towards her teammates.

     "What about you guys?" Alex asked turning to Damian's group.

     "I think it's time we headed home," Damian said.

      "Okay let me just get the portal open," Hank said firing up the machine.

Timeskip
     "You know you could stay the night at the school" Kaylin offered "It's getting late"

     "Thanks but we've got some baby birds waiting for us," Tim said with a small smile.

     "And a very pissed-off Momma hen" Roy added "You know Rose is going to kill us"

     "OK be careful" She smiled back.

     "You too" Damian nodded before turning to leave.

     "You know you're getting to be too trusting," Pietro said walking up next to her.

     "And you're getting to sound like Erik" she joked as they walked over to join the others.

Timeskip

     As soon as Damian's feet hit the sidewalk, all the adrenalin that had been pumping through his veins quickly vanished. He was instead met with a crashing wave of exhaustion.

     "You good?" Roy asked looking over to Tim who gave a short nod "Okay then I'm going to grab something to eat see you later red" he said before dashing off.

     "It's really late" Tim huffed opening the door "You might as well stay can't have the blood son getting killed because he tried walking home half asleep" Damian was about to protest until he realized he had been swaying back and forth the whole time.

     "Thank you" he gave a short nod before stumbling through the door.

     "I call big bats and tell him that his birdy is fine," Tim said walking into the kitchen. Damian flopped down on the couch closing his eyes, the room was freezing but he just didn't have the energy to care. Five minutes later he felt a blanket fall on top of him.

     "Huh," he looked over to see Tim sitting next to him with a cup of coffee and his computer.

     "If you catch a cold Al would never let me hear the end of it" Tim responded not looking up from the computer.

     "Aren't you going to sleep?" Damian frowned as Tim took a sip of coffee.

     "I'm fine, I have casework," he said tiredly as he kept typing. Damian wanted to object but his brain refused to work so instead he closed his eyes. Damian's entire body went tense as Tim slumped against his shoulder.

     "Night Dam" Tim mumbled drifting off to sleep. Damian finally relaxed once he was sure Tim was asleep.

     "Good night little wing" Damian sighed turning off the computer. Tomorrow, Tim won't remember this. Tomorrow, they'll be at each other's throats. Tomorrow, Tim will once again be the Red Hood, an outcast. But for tonight he was Damian's little brother.