chapter 18- breaking the bond.

Alpha damiens p.o.v.

It's been a long few hours since the meeting ended. We have just finished eating our tea and it's gone darker outside.

I walked up to keaton who was putting the pots in the dishwasher and I wrapped my arms around his waist, putting my nose in his neck to take in his scent.

My chest rumbled a small growl off approval loving him snuggling more into me. He turned around in my arms and pecked my lips. I smiled against his lips and brought his body closer to mine.

A cleared throat stopped us in our tracks. Turning around, standing there was beta jack.

"They are expecting us in the office." Beta jack said with a soft chuckle.

"Oh that was fast" keaton said.

"Yeah you guys where to busy sucking eachother faces to realise we had been called to the office." Beta jack said with a chuckle .

"Oh" keaton said, his cheeks going pink.

I chuckled softly packing his lips and then walked towards the office with them both.

We walked into the office and sat down.

"Finally" Xavier said with a roll off his eyes.

Keaton rolled his eyes at xavier and slapped him over the head.

"Shut up" keaton said with a chuckle.

Xavier chuckled and shoulder barged him a little.

"Alright so does anyone need me to repeat the rules or do you remember them?" Katrina asked.

"We remember" luna cassie replied.

"Alright let's head to the place that we are doing it now then." Katrina said.

We all nodded and started walking towards the back off the pack that nobody really uses. As we got there I could feel a little bit off tension coming off me as i won't lie I am a little worried about how this will go.

"I have a question" I blurted out.

"Alright go ahead" katrina said.

"Will he know straight away. ?" I asked.

"Most likely yes. " katrina said.

"Actually I have a question as well" my mother said softly

"Okay" katrina said smilimg at her.

"How long will it take to snap the bond completely. " she asked not looking in her eyes.

Katrina sighed softly.

"It depends on the bond. It depends how strong your bond is and how willing you are to wanting this bond to snap" katrina said softly.

"Wh- what if I erm think it's really weak and that I may have felt sparks with someone else?" My mother asked looking at katrina.

I raised an eyebrow a little confused at what she is talking about.

Katrina smiled softly.

"Don't get your Hope's up luna harper but it sounds like your bond with alpha drake is weak and that you may have found your second chance. Depending how weak your bond is it could be between hours, days or a week the tops for your bond to be broken. " katrina said.

My mother nodded softly, deep in thought. I wonder who she thinks her second chance mate could be. I dont think I feel comfortable with her being eith someone else. What if they hurt her?.

"Erm I actually don't know how this slipped my mind and I apologise as it was silly of me to forget. However you realise snapping this bond with alpha drake also means that you are snapping your bond at being the luna to your pack" katrina said softly.

My mother whimpered. Tears came to her eyes.

"I know I had a feeling bu-but I have to do this. I know its selfish of me but I have to" my mother sobbed out.

"It's not selfish of you at all mother. It is what is best. " I said softly to her.

"Damiens right everyone will understand."keaton said giving her a hug.

We all gave her a hug and comforted her as much as we could.

I turned around as the witch was being quite. I seen her with some powder thing making a circle and what looked similar to a star in the middle. I tilted my head a little trying to understand.

"Alright everyone remember the rules. Luna harper if you could come into the circle please."katrina said softly.

My mother nodded. I gave her a kiss on the head and then off she went to the circle.

We watched as katrina gave her a reassuring smile. As soon as my mum stood in the middle if the circle the circle lit up blue as did Katrina's eyes. Smoke came out circling my mom and  My heart started pound our my chest.

The witch started chanting stuff I didn't even understand. I didn't take my eyes of my mom worried something would happen to her. I could hear little bits and bats of what the witch was saying but not all of it was making sense.

"Drink the portion" I heard the witch tell my mom.

My mom hesitated but picked the portion up anyways. She put it up to her mouth while the witch carried on chanting.

I watched in what felt 10years my mom drink the portion. Everything seemed fine but all so fast my mom screamed and fell to the floor.

I went to take a step towards my mom when keaton pushed me back. I growled in warning at him but for the first time ever he growled at me back suprising me.

"Remember the rules baby. It's to dangerous for your mom" keaton said softly.

A growl of irritation and anger came from my throat knowing he is right. I sighed but grabbed him and pulled him to my side. I kept taking in his scent trying to calm down.

I needed this to be over and done with. All I could do was just stare in horror with my mum screaming in pain.

What felt like hours later which in reality was only minutes later my moms screaming stopped but she was still bent over on the floor. I couldn't see her face at first as her hair covered it from being bent over.

My fingers itched to go over to her and comfort her but katrina hasn't said we can yet.

Katrina walked over to my mom and helped her stand up , my mom slightly leaning on her to stand up straighter.

Katrina looked at us all and nodded saying we can walk over to her. The circle disappeared and it was like nothing even happened.

We all rushed heading over to my mom. When we all looked at her though we all gasped out of shock.

Authors note

I have done this is damiens p.o.v. as when I write luna harpers book I will be doing this in her p.o.v on how she felt and what was going through her head.