01 | the interview

"At the end of the day, I take home my hard earned pay all on my own" - Somebody to Love by Queen

- Somebody to Love by Queen

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— "MISS LOVE, YOU REALLY must get back to your office, you have many meetings to attend" Isabella's assistant, Paul, panicked as he ran after her as she cycled through the ministry of magic. Yes, you read that right, she liked to cycle her way everywhere, she claimed it was much quicker and got far more things done than just simply walking. "Yes Paul, I know, I'm heading to my office now" She laughed before speeding her way to her office making sure to dodge everyone on her way.

"You have to stop doing that" Paul panted with his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath once he'd finally caught back up with her. "How many people have I got to interview today?" She asked as she rolled her eyes at his dramatics. Isabella made her way into her room and happily skipped over to her desk and fell back into her chair.

"Not many, just five" Paul informed her. "And then afterwards you have a speech to give" he told her making her frown. "Yayy, let's give them another thing to hate me for" She celebrated in fake happiness. "You know it's true" She shrugged with a pointed look when she saw Paul give her an unimpressed look. "They hate me just because I'm a woman, I mean what kind of logic is that?" She questioned as she kicked her feet up on her desk.

"They'll get over themselves eventually Miss Love, plus you have many supporters" Paul tried. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Bella?" Isabella began. "I mean you've worked with me for a year now, you'd think you would have learned my name by now" She joked making his laugh. "I'll try and remember next time boss" he said as he saluted her.

"Right let's get this over with then shall we"

...

"Thank you for that insightful speech Mr Smith, I'm sure I'll remember that for the rest of my life" Isabella said as she bid farewell to the fourth candidate, Mr Smith. "Goodness me! At this rate we're never going to find me a bodyguard" Isabella sighed as she leaned against the door. "There's still hope Bella, there's still one more" Paul comforted as he looked down at the name. "James Potter, came specially recommended by Alastor Moody, one of the best aurors he's trained apparently" Paul informed her.

"Potter?" She asked with a bit of disbelief laced in her voice. "As in the man who managed to kill Voldemort?" She asked making Paul nod. "Another reason Moody had put his name down for the job" Paul nodded. "However, don't choose him just off of that, see what you think of him first" He added making her nod before he left to get the man.

Isabella fiddled with her skirt agitatedly. She had accidentally shrunk the skirt when she put it in the wash the previous week so it was probably about ready to burst. She said she'd never wear it but she had nothing else to put on so she just had to pray it wouldn't rip. She carefully sat down on the couch where she'd hold the interview and straightened out her skirt.

"Mr Potter, Miss Love" Paul said as he opened up the door and in walked James Potter behind him.  He held a polite smile as he walked over to her. She went to stand up to greet him but stopped halfway when she heard the dreaded ripping sound. "Uh, I'm Isabella Love, but you can call me Bella" She plastered on a smile as she shook his hand whilst holding the rip with her over hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Bella, I'm James, James Potter" He replied as shook her hand, trying to hold back his laughter at the situation. "Take a seat" She offered as she gestured to the chair across from her as she took of her suit jacket and tied it around her waist in a bid to try and cover up the tear.

"So, I've had a look over your file and I must say it's very impressive" She complimented. "One of your co-workers in the auror department seem to have left me a note all about why I should hire you, he goes by the name Sirius Black, does that name ring in any bells?" She asked curiously. "Yeah, yeah it does, he's my best mate" James explained with a small embarrassed smile.

"Well he said that you were chatty, kind, always make sure everyone you care for is safe and that you have a lot of potential" Isabella read with a small smile. "I can't wait to thank him for that" James smiled fakely, clearly embarrassed by his friend making Isabella giggle a little.

"Well moving on, do you have dreams or aspirations?" Isabella asked as she fiddled with her jacket to make sure it was still covering the tear. "Not really, my life kind of revolves around my son" he said with a small laugh. "Fair enough" She smiled. "And why should I employ you?" Isabella questioned. "Instead of the previous candidates"

She knew she was probably going to hire him no matter what as he even from the two-minute conversation she'd had with him he was already far better than the rest of the others. She was just curious as to what he would say.

"Um, I'm a hard worker, I'll always make sure that you're safe. I'm stronger than I probably look and I make a smashing cup of tea. I'm sorry I'm very unprepared, Moody never told me about this until this morning" James explained as he nervously rubbed the nape of his neck. "Not to worry Mr Potter, I only have a few more questions" She comforted with a warm smile making him feel calmer almost immediately.

She asked a few other questions that he answered perfectly. She never wanted a bodyguard but she definitely could deal with one if he had the job. He was down to earth and could actually hold a casual conversation without sounding full of himself or awkward and on edge. She knew that her bodyguard would have to live with her in her apartment which wasn't amazing but she could use the company, it is a very big place but it's quite lonely when you're just one person.

She knew James also had an eight-year-old son that would also come with him if he were to get the job but she didn't mind. She was sure he'd keep her on her toes which was exactly what she needed, she had spent to long by herself in boredom, she needed some sort of excitement.

"So Mr Potter, do you have any questions for me?" Isabella asked kindly. "Uh yeah I do actually" He began shuffling forward in his seat a little. "Fire away" she said, clasping her hands together on her lap. "If I were to get the job, I wanted to know about the living conditions, I have a son that would have to come with me and if he can't then I'd have to refuse the job" James stated making Isabella smile slightly.

"If you were to get the job Mr Potter, I would be more than happy to let you and your son live with me" Isabella informed him making a smile form in his face as he breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, I appreciate it" James smiled.

"Between me and you Me Potter, I think you're definitely getting this job, you are a whole lot nicer than the rest of the people I have met" Isabella told him before slapping a hand over her mouth. "Please don't tell anyone I said that, my assistant would have my head" She whispered making James laugh.

"My lips are sealed" He whispered back as he pretended to lock his mouth shut and throw away the key. "Good" she said as she lout a breathy laugh. "Well I think that's us all finished here, you are free to go and say thank you to your friend Mr Black" She joked making him roll his eyes amusedly. "That's exactly where I'm going" He joked.

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you Miss Love" He smiled as he shook her hand again before making his way towards the door. He was halfway through the door before he looked back at her with a mischievous smirk. "I'd use the spell reparo on your skirt" He informed her before leaving.

She stared at the door with a smile as she laughed to herself quietly.

She liked him.