17 | not enough

"Don't say it isn't fair, you clearly weren't aware that you made me miserable" - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— AS ISABELLA DROVE THE bus, her mind was off in another place. "Are you okay Bella?" Harry asked from the seat next to her, he had begged to sit up front with her whilst she drove. "Huh, oh yeah, I'm all good bud" She smiled over at him. "You sure? You look like your off on another planet" Harry joked. "Just thinking little man" She assured him. "About?" Harry asked.

"I saw someone I recognised in McDonalds earlier and it's annoying me that I can't figure it out" She laughed slightly, frustrated with herself. "Maybe you just thought you knew them" Harry offered but Isabella shook her head. "Nope, I definitely know them from somewhere" Isabella said as she brought her mind back to the woman. Her face was just so familiar to her and she racked her brain for who it could've been.

She'd need to see the woman again to figure out but what were the chances of that?

...

The group stopped off in Glasgow to try and find somewhere to have dinner in the city. They walked down Buchanan Street looking for somewhere to eat before settling on a nice little bar at the end of the street. When they walked in it was quite chilled, a few people dancing around. A waitress came over and took them to a table and handed them before leaving to tend to another table.

Isabella took in her surroundings with a content smile on her face before her eyes landed on someone. The woman she seen earlier, only she was now wearing a long dark blue dress covered in flowers. She was dancing with the man she was with earlier. "Who you looking at?" Sirius asked curiously, following her eye line over to the woman. "Do you know her?" James asked her, some enough the whole group was looking at the woman.

"I think I..." Isabella trailed off when the woman turned around enough so that she could see her whole face. "What? What is it?" Remus asked her, seeing her face fall. "Holy shit, it can't be" Isabella muttered in shock, staring at the woman as though she'd seen a ghost. "It's my mum" Isabella finally uttered to the group. "What the hell is she doing here? Of every place in the world" Isabella sighed agitatedly. Her mother say really the last person she wanted to see at the moment.

She knew the woman, if she saw her, would come over and ruin her night. Isabella could clearly see that she was getting shit faced with the man she'd seen her with earlier.

"Maybe she won't recognise you" Harry suggested, wanting to make her feel better. "Maybe" Isabella said, looking away from the woman and covering her face, not wanting to risk her mother seeing her. If Isabella wasn't the minister of magic her mother probably wouldn't recognise her but seen as she is her face is constantly plastered over the daily prophet.

"You know what, it's okay, let's just ignore that she's there and have a good night" Isabella decided, taking in a deep breath. "I'll drink to that" Sirius cheered before calling the waitress over so that they could order their food and drinks. As the group talked Isabella couldn't help but feel eyes almost burning into her head. She looked around the room before locking eyes with her mother.