18 | tick the box

"Honey, just put your sweet lips on my lips" - Like Real People Do by Hozier

...

— AFTER THE MOVIE WAS finished they decided to give Isabella her presents to cheer her up further and it was only like half an hour till her birthday. Sirius and Remus gave her theirs first. She took of the wrapping paper to reveal a framed picture of the whole crew. Her, James, Harry, Paul, Remus and Sirius. They also hit her a daisy perfume to go along with it. "I love it, Thank you guys!" Isabella smiled gratefully, hugging both the men who wore proud smiles.

Much to Isabella's surprise, Harry had gotten her a gift. Not even James knew that Harry had gotten something. "You don't have get me anything but thank you buddy" She smiled brightly as the young boy passed her her present. She took the topping off of the bag to reveal a pale brown teddy bear. When she looked down at the shirt she saw a picture of her giving Harry a piggy back at the fundraiser. Underneath the picture was a little note saying happy birthday. "I love it Harry, thank you so much" She whispered, kissing his forehead.

She held the teddy close to her as James passed her his gift. She unwrapped the present and her jaw dropped. "Oh my god! I don't believe it!" She squealed in excitement. "Where did you get them?!" She questioned James as she took out what he had gotten her, jumping up and down slightly.

A pair of striped bumble bee-coloured tights and a pair of pink bunny slippers.

"That's a secret" James told her with a smile. "Tights?" Sirius asked confusedly, obviously not understanding as he wasn't there for the conversation. "Only the most amazing pair of tights' ever!" Isabella gushed, looking down at them with nothing but love in her eyes.

"I can't tell you how much I love them James. Really, thank you" she said, giving him a tight hug. It meant a lot to her that he remembered such a little thing she had said.

Soon later Remus and Sirius went through to their room with Harry following behind them as they had a single bed in their room for him. There was only one bed in James and Isabella's room which was a slight problem. Isabella went into the bathroom to put in her pyjamas, which were just a simple pair with shorts with a striped pattern. She finished buttoning up her pyjamas top as she got into the bed next to James.

"I can sleep on the couch" James offered as he got up from the bed and began to make his way towards the couch in the corner of the room "James, we're both adults, I think we can share a bed" Isabella laughed as she held on to the teddy Harry had gotten her. She figured if they had already admitted their feelings for each other it shouldn't be weird as they were sort of seeing each other and it just wasn't official as of yet.

"You sure?" James asked, just wanting to make sure she was actually okay with it and not just saying so that he wasn't on the couch. "Because I really don't mind sleeping on the couch" James assured. "I'm sure James" Isabella smiled. James made his way back over to the bed and got under the covers. The clock bells went off outside signalling that it was now the next day. "Happy birthday Bella" James cheered happily, giving her a hug. "Thank you, James" She smiled up at him.

James quickly exited the bed again and dug through his bag before pulling out a bag. "I was going to give you this later, if we managed to go out for dinner just the two of us but with those three that's very unpredictable so seen as it's just us now I'll give it to you" James explained as he walked back over to her to give her the present. "Another present?" Isabella asked confusedly as she sat up in bed and lent against the headboard as he handed her the gift. "Thank you" she said gratefully, placing the teddy beside her.

James watched intently as she opened up the present. "Open the card last" James told her making her nod with a confused grin on her face. She put the card to the side and pulled out the present inside. She took the wrapping paper off to reveal a small black box. She gave him a look as if to say, 'what's this?'

She opened it up to reveal a beautiful necklace in the shape of a small love heart. Diamonds were engraved in the necklace making it sparkle as the light hit it. "If you don't like it I've still got the receipt" James informed her but she just shuffled over to him and wrapped her arms around him.
"I love it" She whispered, squeezing him tightly making him smile and wrap his arms around her in a bear hug.

"Can you put it on me?" She asked, handing him the necklace. She turned around and moved her hair away from her neck so that he could put it on her. She would be lying if she said that butterflies didn't form in her stomach as his fingers brushed against the back of her neck as he clasped the necklace around her. She turned around and looked down at the necklace in awe before looking back up at James. "I really can't thank you enough, for everything you've done" she told him with a soft smile as she teaches for the card.

She opened up the envelope and took out the card. She glanced up at James who was watching her every move with what she thought was anticipation and a tad bit of nervousness. She opened up the card a began reading.

𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖,

𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮!

𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙨𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚. 𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.

𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮?

𝙔𝙚𝙨 □ 𝙉𝙤 □

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢,
𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙭

Isabella couldn't help but laugh at the part she had to tick off, she felt like she was back in primary. She looked up at James who held a pen in his hands with a small smile. She took the pen form his hands and pretended to think about it before ticking one of the boxes. She put the lid back on the one before hand handing the card back over to James. He looked down at the card and when his eyes landed on the tick in the yes box, his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Really?" He asked, just wanting to be absolutely sure. "I ticked the box didn't I, there's no going back after you tick the box" She joked, looking at him lovingly. They sat in silence for a moment or two before James broke the silence. "Can I kiss you?" James asked, not wanting to just spring on her. He really wanted to kiss her, the way she was looking at him was killing him. Isabella didn't say anything, she just shuffled towards him on the bad and sat on her knees so that their faces were at the same height.

She leaned in and so did he and before they knew it, they were finally doing what they had waited to do for so long. Isabella had kissed a few men in her time but she had to say that this was her favourite of the lot. As cliche and cheesy as it sounds, it really was like fireworks were going off. Her heart was racing and so was his.

Eventually they parted for air as though they had been underwater for longer than they could handle. Their heads lay against each other with small smiles etched on their faces. They both couldn't be happier that they were now officially together.

"The boys are going to have field day when they find out" James finally spoke making Isabella let out a soft laugh.

....

IT FINALLY HAPPENED PEOPLE!

sorry this chapter ended up being shorter than I enteded.

hope you enjoyed :)
Grace x