31 | voulez-vous

"People everywhere

"People everywhere... across the room, your eyes are glowin' in the dark" -
Voulez-Vous by ABBA

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

—TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT of Isabella's leaving party at the ministry. It was also the last week of living in her apartment. James and Isabella had bought the farm and Paul had already gotten to work learning all he could about farming so that he could keep everything under control. Isabella was never going to let Paul go, she needed him because without him she'd be a complete mess. Obviously she gave him the option to move on if he wished too but he was adamant about staying with her no matter what.

In all honesty, Isabella wasn't really feeling up to going to the party. She felt very weak. This wasn't surprising given the lack of sleep and lack of food she had been experiencing. She just could not bring herself to do either of those things no matter how hard she tried. She was only able to keep down really small portions of food due to the fact that her stomach was constantly filled with nerves for no reason. She always felt on edge, scared that whatever happened last week would happen again.

"We don't have to go Bella, we could always just stay here and watch a movie" James suggested, sitting down next to her on the bed and placing a hand on her bouncing leg. "No, we'll go, it is my party after all, it would be strange if I didn't make an appearance" Isabella explained, turning her head to look up at him. "Well, if at any point you want to leave, just let me know, okay?"

"Okay" Isabella smiled softly, pecking James lips before standing up and grabbing a dress from her wardrobe. She decided on a brownie, orangie coloured dress and decided to throw a nice jacket and scarf over the top to fight the cool winter breeze. Christmas was fast approaching and it was now only a week away. She had managed to get some of her shopping done but not all of it.

She made her way down the stairs when she was ready to find Harry and James dressed nicely in suits. "Look at you two dapper dans" Isabella smiled brightly as she admired her two boys. "You like it?" James asked her with a smirk as he spun around slowly, his arms outstretched. "Very handsome" She nodded with a tight-lipped smile as she held in a laugh.

As Isabella fixed her hair in the mirror the phone rang. "Moody?" She heard James as say after picking up the phone. "Really?" Came a few minutes later. "Okay, I'll let Isabella know, thanks for letting us know" James said finally before hanging up the phone. "What did Moody want?" Isabella asked curiously as she walked back over to James.

"Malfoy's been bailed out" James said solemnly making Isabella nod slowly, "Oh" She whispered.

...

It didn't take them long to arrive at the party. When they walked through the doors the room was packed with families galore. All Night Long by Lionel Richie blasted around the room, almost being completely covered by people singing the song loudly. The group of three made their way through the room, James had an arm wrapped around each Harry and Isabella, making sure they didn't get lost in a crowd. Eventually Isabella's eyes landed on Paul making her raise her hand to wave at him.