45 | father and daughter

Snow Scene -Alan Silvestri

Snow Scene -
Alan Silvestri

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— SCOTT USED TO THINK that a wedding was rather simple. Two people meet, the fall in love, they tie the knot. He was very wrong. What he thought is getting married but for some reason a wedding is an entirely different affair. He knew for a fact that the wedding cost more than how much they bought the house they were having it in. He was told by his daughter's assistant and best friend Paul that he'd look back on these past few weeks with brilliant memories and fond nostalgia... and to be honest he knew he would.

However, his other point most dads across the globe will understand. You have this little girl, an adorable little girl who looks up to you in ways you could never have imagined. A little girl who you would do anything and everything for. He remembered how when Isabella was born, she could fit on the palm of his hand and how when he held her hand, he could completely cover it. He remembered how every night she sat on his lap and leaned her head on his chest while he read her a story. Those years past by so quickly and before you know it, she's asking you to drop her off a street before she meets her friends.

Then she's wearing high heels and makeup. From that moment on you're in a constant state of panic, you worry about her meeting the wrong kind of guy. Scott knew exactly who the wrong kind of guy was because it was exactly how he was when he was a teenager. They she gets even older, and you start worrying about her meeting the right guy. That right there is the scariest part of all, because then you lose her. She stops needing you as much.

Everyone had made their way to their beds when Scott came traipsing up the stairs and as he walked through the hallway, he heard Isabella and Harry shouting to each other. "Mum?" He shouted. "Yeah?" She questioned just as loud. "Goodnight!" Harry shouted through and Scott could hear Isabella laugh a little. "Goodnight, I love you!" She shouted back through, her voice calm and full of love. "Love you too!" Scott raised a hand to his heart that felt as though it were melting after that sweet exchange.

The wedding was the next day, and it was just Isabella, Scott and Harry in the house as James had gone to Sirius and Remus's for the night. Scott lay down on his bed in the guest room and found that he was having trouble sleeping. He rolled onto his back and stared up at the ceiling, the light pouring through the windows offering some light to him. His mind was too clouded with memories for him to be able to sleep.

He remembered how she used to do a little dance at the top of the stairs every day before she went to primary school. How she used to run and hug him every day he picked her up from school. How when he held her for the first time, he felt the need to protect her for as long as he shall live. How when he taught her how to ride a bike, she challenged him to a race when she had mastered the skill or how when they played basketball, she'd always get him to lift her up to the net so she could dunk it in. How he'd always help her study for her classes whenever she needed it. How when she decided to run for minister of magic, he was the first one she told.

Even if he felt like he was losing her, he was glad he was losing her to James, he knew he was a good man.

His thoughts were interrupted slightly by a banging noise coming from out in the garden. He pulled himself out of bed and pulled back the curtains slightly to see Isabella in her dressing gown playing basketball. With a small smile, Scott made his way outside, grabbing his dressing gown as he went. He caught the ball when it hit against the backboard of the net brining Isabella's attention to him. "Did I wake you?" She asked, concerned that she might have woken Harry up as well. "No, I was up already, what are you doing?" He asked gently, tossing the ball back to her.

"Couldn't sleep" she shrugged as she shot the ball into the net. "I just couldn't stop thinking about how this was my last night as a Love and how it almost feels like I'm leaving you" As Isabella spoke her dad could hear the shakiness in her voice. "You're not leaving me Bella, I'll always be here. You might be getting married, but you'll always be my little girl" Her dad comforted, placing a hand on her cheek making her smile up at him. "What? What is that face?" Isabella asked softly with a laugh as she watched her dads face change.

"Nothing, I was just thinking" He had assured her and began heading towards the door back inside. "Do you not like James?" She asked, rubbing her arms worriedly. "No, no that's not it. I just know that I'm going to remember this moment for the rest of my life" He admitted making Isabella face melt. She walked forward towards her dad and wrapped her arms around him as he did the same.

..........

The next morning Paul came round to help Isabella with her dress whilst Scott helped Harry. "What are you doing here?" Isabella asked with a smile as she turned around to see Paul. "Don't sound so please to see me love" he told her sarcastically. "Nice suit" Isabella nodded in approval as Paul spun around to show off his tux. "Why thank you" he said as he curtsied. Isabell had already had her hair and makeup done so all she had to do was get into the dress. "Are you sure you want to be here when I'm half naked?" Isabella questioned. "Honey, I've known you a long time that will not be the worst thing I've seen" Paul rolled his eyes and ushered her to take of the robe as he grabbed her wedding dress.

He placed it close to the ground so that she could step into before pulling it up. He brushed her hair away from her back so that he could zip that back of it up. Paul let Isabella over to the mirror to let her have a look at her gorgeous self. "Oh my gosh" She whispered under her breath, admiring herself in the mirror. She spun around to get the whole idea and she could safely say it's the best she's ever felt despite the pool of nerves at the bottom of her stomach.

Her dad was downstairs in his tuxedo talking to Todrick about stitching a button back on to his sleeve. Todrick grabbed a piece of black string from his bag but when he held it to the suit it wasn't the same colour. "I assumed you'd be wearing a black tuxedo" he said in his thick French accent. "It is a black tux?" Scott told him but he shook his head. "I don't think so babe, this tux is navy blue" Todrick laughed making Scott run to the mirror. "The shop don't sell navy suits" Scott huffed. "Every shop sells navy suits my dear" Todrick told him before calling down Paul and Harry to go in the first car that had arrived.

The pair came down the stairs looking rather smart. Scott had managed to make Harry's hair look nice and neat. Todrick led the pair outside and towards the car leaving Isabella and Scott alone. "Bella!" He shouted, looking at his watch and running up the stairs to make sure she was ready. He knocked on her bedroom door and when she told him to come in, he opened up the door. Isabella was looking in the mirror when he walked in but turned around to face him after a second.

A smile formed on his face as looked at his daughter. "You look beautiful" he said, just above a whisper as he looked at his now fully grown daughter. It feels like just yesterday she was just at his knee. "Thanks dad" She smiled brightly at him when he offered her his arm.

"Let's get this show on the road"

.........

If you couldn't tell or have never seen the movie this was based off of a couple of a scenes from 'Father of the Bride'! It's such a good movie and it's so sweet so i suggest you watch it :)