34 | until i found you

"I would never fall in love again until I found her" - Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez

Until I Found You by Stephen Sanchez

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— JAMES HELD ISABELLA'S SCARF in his hands, letting his eyes close as they began to fill with tears. He felt a smaller hand rest on his and when he looked up he found Harry looking down at him. James simply opened his arms and hugged Harry, not wanting to let go. When he did finally let go he stood up and began helping Harry pick up the boxes and take them inside. They were now moving into the farm house that Isabella had chosen. He didn't want to move in without Isabella but Sirius had sat him down and told him it was time.

Harry and James spent some time heading in and out with boxes upon boxes but soon enough they had managed to get everything inside and decided it was time for a little break. "You read to go buddy?" James asked Harry who nodded up at his dad with a small smile. James gently took his sons hand and apparated them to their destination. When their feet were safely planted on the ground once again, James softly placed a hand on Harry's shoulder and led him inside the building.

They walked through the familiar building with their heads hung low as they walked towards where they wanted to be. They were met by the faces of Remus and Sirius when they arrived. The couple got up from their seats to greet them both. "Thanks for staying guys" James smiled weakly at his friends who stood before him. "Of course, we wouldn't leave her all by herself" Remus assured, placing a comforting hand on James' shoulder as he glanced back at said person.

Isabella Love.

Isabella who was hooked up to all kinds of machines. Isabella who was alive but not able to speak to them and tell them everything would be okay. Isabella who wasn't able to even give them the simple loving smile that graced her face oh so often. One thing that was clear to doctors about Isabella was that she was a fighter. She was hanging on by a thread, a thread that she seemed to be clinging onto as though it was the most precious thing.

James nodded thankfully at Remus before wandering over to the seat beside Isabella's bed side, taking her cold hand in his. Remus and Sirius took Harry with them for lunch, deciding to give them time alone but that wasn't what James wanted. He couldn't be alone, when he was alone that let all the bad feelings creep into him at an all-time high. He never said anything though, deep down he knew he wasn't alone, he had Isabella with him and even if she couldn't speak, he could speak to her.

The doctors had told him that even though she was in a coma she might be able to hear him so he had found himself talking to her more than once on his visits to her. Talking to her helped him forget that they were in a hospital. It made them feel like they were back at home cuddled up on the couch with a cup of tea as they tell each other about what they did that day.

The reality of the situation wasn't that nice obviously. He was sat in a room with four painfully white walls where the only sound was the beeping of Isabella's heart monitor. Being in here with Isabella made him realise why people always bring flowers into hospitals, it made it a lot more welcoming. He knew hospital had enough to spend their money on but is a cheerier shade of paint that much to ask for.