Chapter 17

2 months later

It was February 27, the day of my sisters benefit. I wasn’t ready for this. It would be a year since my little sister was gone. It seemed unreal. I didn’t feel like moving. Being 6 months pregnant didn’t help. I was starting to show a lot more then a couple of months ago. Kenzie was flying up for the benefit, and the baby shower next week. She was excited for the baby shower until this morning. We went to the kitchen and everyone got quiet when we walked in. As soon as I looked at Colson I teared up. He got up and ran over to hug me.

“You gonna be okay?”

“Yeah…for now.”

“Well, we should get leave then. It starts in an hour.” we piled in the car and  eventually pulled up to where we were having the benefit. I saw Kenzie’s family standing outside. I got out and ran over to Kenzie’s mom. She hugged me as well as she could.

“You’re getting so big! I can’t believe you’re having twins!” 

“Believe me, neither can I. I still can’t believe I’m even pregnant right now…” Colson walked over and Kenzie’s mom smiled.

“This is Colson.” I smiled. They started talking and I went to find my brother.

“Damn, someone’s big.”

“Shut up. Nice to see you too. I can’t believe it’s been a year…”

“Neither can I. she would’ve been so happy.” he looked at my belly.

“Yeah. She loved kids. Not as much as hair and make-up, but she was great with kids.”

“I still think it’s awesome your naming the girl after her. Mom started crying and laughing and smiling when you told her that over the phone.” he smiled when he said that. 

“Speaking of mom, where are her and dad?”

“Talking to people somewhere. I lost them the second we got here.” he hugged me, and I hugged back willingly. We both started crying.

“Love you, Josh.”

“Love you too. Go see mom. She needs someone to talk to.” he pushed me and laughed. I found my mom sitting by herself. 

“There’s my girls and boy.” she laughed.

“Yeah. We’re all here. You doing okay?”

“Yeah, it’s your father. He’s been out of it all day.” 

“So many people from school are here. It’s amazing.” I looked around and smiled. I saw some laughing, but more were crying. I saw one of her old best friends Brianna with their group of friends.

“Can everyone take a seat please?” I heard my dad say from the stage. We all sat down at my table. “I would just like to take a few minutes to talk about Allie…” he talked about some things we couldn’t talk about a year ago. He called me, Kenzie, and Josh on stage to talk.

“Allie was…a great person. She was like my best friend. I still can’t believe my baby sisters gone…”

“She was like a sister I’ve never had. I can’t wait till I get to see her again. We ALL miss you Allie…” Kenzie said, holding back tears. We went back down to our table and sat down. About an hour later, everyone was leaving. I went to find Colson after I helped my parents cleaned up. Me, Colson, Ash and Slim went home, and Kenzie went to set up for the baby shower some more with Dub. 

The baby shower

“I’m nervous. Like, really nervous. I have to see my whole family in one day.”