Chapter 22

*KENZIE'S POV*

We had stayed over night in the hospital, even though we couldn't see her yet. The doctor hadn't come with any news yet. He came out to tell us that it would still be a while until we could see her, so we could go home and rest some more. I had called her family, who was on their way down with my parents.

I was more scared than I was showing. I was so scared I was going to lose my best friend. She hadn't shown any signs of waking up soon, and the doctor said she was in critical condition. They took her straight to the emergency room when they got to the hospital, and she had been there since. I had tried calling Colson all night, not getting any answer. Slim and Dub both told me to give up, telling me he'd come around eventually. I saw the looks they had when they said it, barely believing it themselves. I left so many voicemails and texted him so many times, I lost count. I didn't hate him, I was still pissed though. I knew exactly what he was probably feeling. I had to make sure he was okay, so we didn't lose two friends. Ash's phone rang, and we all looked at her in the backseat. We had left the hospital a just a couple minutes ago. I was hoping it was the hospital, honestly. She answered. I didn't know what to think when I saw she was crying.

"Are you okay? Where are you? You have all of us scared, Colson." I turned around, asking to talk to him. She shook her head, and I understood. I was just glad he was okay. I figured there was no point in making him feel worse than he did, if it was possible. There was no describing how hurt he look watching the whole scene that night. And, we had to be there for Skylar at the end of the day, no matter how mad we were at him. Ash hung up the phone, sighing. We got home, and I ran inside, running straight to his and Sky's room. All his stuff was gone. I checked every part of that room. I realized his car was gone too. I ran out to the living room.

"Where the hell is he?" I asked all of them, even though only Ash knew and she was probably told not to tell anyone.

"He needs time. He sounds like he hates himself. He needs space. He called me to see how she was. He wants updates. From everyone. Even if he doesn't answer, he'll need to know anything that happens with her." I nodded, walking slowly up the stairs, to my room. I didn't know what to do with myself. I couldn't talk to the one person I wanted to. I laid down on my bed and finally fell asleep for the first time since we had been in Flordia.

*COLSON'S POV*

I had no idea where I was. I had been driving since last night. I had just gotten off the phone with Ash, who promised to update me on her progress. She still wasn't awake, which made me hate myself more. I wanted to see Sky. But I wanted to see the Sky I was used to. The smiling, laughing, beautiful face I was used to seeing everyday. I couldn't even think about what she looked like right now. I didn't want to see what I had made her do. I just can't lose her. I jumped when Kenzie's ringtone went off. She had been blowing up my phone. I couldn't take whatever she had to say to me, yet I was surprised she even wanted to talk to me. I grabbed my phone, and saw she had texted me.

Hey, sorry about blowing up your phone. I'm beyond pissed off at you, but I still had to make sure you were okay. I just wanted to say something. I decided it was easier to text you than get you to answer my phone call. Now, read this carefully. Don't you run off for good. Don't you dare give up. Skylar is the strongest girl I've met. She WILL make it. I don't fucking care how much she may hate you or not when she wakes up. She's gonna need you. I'm sure of it. And I know you'll need her. I know you need her right now. Just..take your time and come back asap. We all need you, not just her. We need as much of the family as we can get. Oh, and everyone's on their way to Miami. Including all 3 of your kids...

Come back soon...please.

I hadn't expected that from Kenzie. I knew Sky was strong. But I couldn't face all of them right now. I knew she was right, Sky could hate me as much as she would let herself, but she wouldn't care. She would just want me there. I knew her too well. I had to pull off to the side, tears forming. I just wanted to hold her, tell her how sorry I was. I would never forgive myself. I didn't know what I had, and I could possibly lose it now that it was too late. I looked at the time. Ash had sent me a text, only telling me on purpose. She said she wasn't awake but visitors were allowed. She knew I would need alone time with her. It was a half hour drive to the hospital from where I was, and everyone was home. I turned the car around, deciding to go see her. I had to see her, by myself whether I could talk to her or not. 

I got to the hospital, the staff being really nice and considerate, knowing why and who I was here for. They let me know what room she was in and I took off down the hall. I got to her room and stood there with my hand on the doorknob for what felt like forever. I finally opened the door, and didn't like what I saw already. She had a pretty big cut on her face. The blanket wasn't covering her leg completely, and I went to cover it until I saw why it was like that. She had a huge gash on her thigh. Aside from the cuts, she was bruised all over. The left side of her body was worse than the right, since the car hit the drivers door. I felt horrible. I picked up her hand, which was limp, like she was lifeless. I knew she was in a coma, but it still bothered me, knowing she was in critical condition. I sat down on the bed, looking at her still beautiful face, hoping her eyes would flutter open, and I'd see those dark blue eyes I loved. I stood up, not ready to leave, but I knew everyone would be here soon. After seeing her, I definitely wasn't ready to see everyone else. I left the hospital and got in the car. I sped off, not knowing where I was going.

*KENZIE'S POV*

Ash told us that Colson had been up here to see her, but still wasn't ready to see or talk to the rest of us. The doctor said she shouldn't be in her coma this long. We were getting worried. Me, Dub, Slim, Ash, and the babies stayed at the hospital, the nurses more than happy to help with them. I heard Ash on the phone with Colson a couple times this week. I could hear his voice here and there, and he sounded miserable. Ash knew he was in Florida still, but she said he wouldn't tell her where. 

I woke up this morning, the sun shining through the curtain. I grabbed my phone to look at what today was, Tuesday. A week since the accident. I had lost track of the days since we had been in this hospital all week. I looked at the table between me and Dub. It was filled with flowers and gifts. The fans were so sweet. I decided to tweet them, thanking them for all the support.

Hey twitter. I just wanted to start today off by thanking everyone for the flowers and gifts you all have been dropping off. We really appreciate it. We'll keep the fans up to date on her progress. #PrayForSky

I checked Colson's Twitter, reading them from the night of the accident to now. 

I fucked up. I'm so sorry...

I wish I could see her smile. I miss her smile so much.

Sky, please pull through. #PrayForSky

Don't know where I'm going. I need her right now. 

Baby, wake up. I miss you..#PrayForSky

That was the last tweet he had sent, which was two days ago. I wasn't really mad at him anymore, just disappointed. I was too tired to be mad at anyone anymore. Her family was staying across the street at the hotel. They decided we should stay so we didn't attract too much attention coming and going from the hotel. They walked through the door. Josh didn't look any better. He was really messed up over all this. They still hadn't asked what happened and why exactly the accident happened. I knew the two people they'd want to hear it from. He looked at me and I just shook my head. They went and kissed her on the forehead, and went and hung out in the lobby.

Everyone had gone to go eat lunch, I volunteered to stay behind in case she woke up. I fell asleep, barely able to stay asleep. I heard someone moving around, figuring it was one of the boys who had came back to check up on us, or a doctor to check up on her. I was startled when I had heard a voice I hadn't heard in what felt like a lifetime.

"Wh-where am I?" I heard Skylar ask, no one in paticular. She probably hadn't realized I was in here. I stood up, covering my mouth as tears started rolling down my cheeks. "What's wrong Kenzie? What's going on?"

"Oh my god! You're alive! I never thought I'd hear your voice again." I said hugging her.

"Am I in the hospital?" I nodded, moving the hair from her face, so she could see better.

"We have a lot to talk about. Let me go get everyone." she nodded, a confused look crossing her face. I walked out to lobby, clearing my throat. Everyone turned to look at me, including the nurse who was talking to her parents. They all look scared when they saw I was crying. Her mom got up and walked over.

"Kenzie, sweetie, what's wrong?"

"Guys, she-Skylar's awake." I said, smiling.