Chapter 23

*SKY'S POV*

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I looked around the room, realizing I was in what looked like a hospital room. I tried talking, asking where I was exactly. I barely got any words out. I couldn't process exactly what was going on yet. I saw Kenzie stand up, and start crying. I didn't understand why she was so upset. She said something and I just nodded, trying to figure out why I was here. She came back with the babies, Ash, my parents and brother, and the boys. Everyone was there but one person was missing.

"Colson..."

"What about him, Sky?" Dub asked, sitting next to me.

"Wh-where is he?"

"Sky...do you remember anything?" he asked, getting a worried look.

"No, I really don't. Why am I in a hospital?" everyone sat down and him and Kenzie told me. I cried when they told me he took off.

"But," Ash started, "he was up here to see you. One of the first days you got out of the emergency room. He called to tell me he was back in Cleveland. He said he wasn't ready to see us or you yet.."

"Wait, how long was I in a coma for?"

"About a week. We were starting to worry when you didn't wake up sooner." Slim said, looking down.

"Do you think he thinks..."

"He might. Which, I told him not to give up on you. You're a fighter, I knew you'd pull through." I smiled when Kenzie told me that. I was glad to have her right now. But there was honestly only four people I wanted. My kids and my boyfriend.

"Where are my kids? All of them?"

"Casie? Her mom wanted her back a couple days ago. You should see her within the next couple of weeks. And the babies are at the house with Rookie and Dre." Slim answered.

"When can I see them?"

"Soon. We'll get them up here as soon as possible." I spent the rest of the night with the whole family. It wasn't like it usually was though. There was a piece of all of us missing. Colson should be here right now. I wasn't even mad anymore, I was too exhausted.

The next week was spent getting me back on my feet. The cut on my forehead had healed, but I still had the gash in my thigh, which made it harder to walk. I got used to it after a couple days, so they let me start walking around the halls by myself. I had finally gotten my phone. I spent the walks around the halls trying to get ahold of him. He definitely had his phone turned back on, but he'd just send me to voicemail. It really upset me that he was so worried about me, but he wouldn't answer my calls. I knew Ash had talked to him. 

I was out of the hospital a week after I woke up. Me, Kenzie, and Ash were driving back with the babies. I wouldn't go near the drivers door, so I sat in the back with the babies.

"So, I take it the tour was cancelled?"

"Yeah..people disappearing didn't help if we did wanna keep it going..."

"Hey Ash, why won't he answer his phone? I need him right now."

"I know. He knows, he needs you too. He drove for a week after leaving the hospital that night. He left a couple days ago. I told him we'd be on our way back whenever you were ready to get on a plane."

"How soon do you think it'd be okay? I wanna go home as soon as possible."

"In a couple days. You need to go back to the house and rest right now. Let me get some stuff under control and then I'll book a flight. You just need to spend time with your family. Oh, and Jess needs you to call her. She just wants to talk to you, she promised nothing to do with work yet." she said as we pulled up to the house. As soon as I walked in the door, everyone but my parents came rushing down the stairs. They walked slowly down the stairs, carrying the babies. I ran over to everyone one, being put in the center of a giant group hug.