Chapter 27

*SKYLAR'S POV*

I woke up in the living room which was dark now. I grabbed my phone to see what time it was and saw it was past midnight. I got up and walked to the bedroom. I opened the door and saw Colson laying on his side with his back facing the door. I walked in quietly and attacked him once I got close enough. He didn't laugh or do anything. He just laid there. I got off of him and laid down next to him. 

"What's wrong?"

"I'd rather not talk about it right now. We'll talk later today." he turned the light off and rolled over. I couldn't sleep so I walked outside and called Kenzie.

"Sky? Whats up?"

"I'm just confused.."

"About Colson?"

"Yeah...wait, how'd you know?"

"I talked to him earlier. If he's not talking to you, I have a really good idea why. But that's for you two to talk about. Just don't let anything ruin that vacation. You both need it."

"I know. Well I'll talk to you later." I hung up and went back inside. After talking to Kenzie, I was even more confused. I laid down and eventually fell alseep after l laid there staring at the ceiling for about an hour.

I walked out into the main part of the house and didn't see him anywhere. I walked outside and saw the boat was gone. I walked back in and grabbed my phone. I had a text from Colson.

Hey I took the boat out. I shouldn't be gone that long. I just needed to think..

I just shook my head and dialed Kenzie's number.

"Hey."

"What's your problem?"

"I lost something...kind of annoying me."

"What'd you lose..?"

"My bracelets..most of them. Do you know where they are?"

"I borrowed them...sorry I forgot to let you know."

"It's cool. So, anything new to tell me?"

"Not really.." I waited a minute before continuing, "I mean, there's something, but you might get kinda upset.."

"What is it?"

"I-I started cutting again. A while ago actually....."

"Oh, that? I knew that. I mean I figured. My bracelet's have been missing for a while. And I found the little blade you've been using. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I just...I don't know. I didn't want a big deal made out of it."

"Well it kind of is. You have to stop. And you have to talk to Colson about this."

"I don't know if I wanna tell him right now..."

"He knows."

"What?!"

"I didn't straight up tell him, I just helped him. He saw the cuts for himself."

"Oh my god. Thats why he took the boat out to think. I'm so stupid."

"Well, I'm gonna go. The boys, I mean the little kids, are getting into shit." she laughed.

"Okay. See you later." I hung up and went to sit on the couch. I started crying immediately. I heard the boat but couldn't get myself up to go outside. I heard the door open and Colson walk in. He ran over when he saw how I was on the couch.

"Baby, whats wrong?" he pulled me closer to him and just held me while I cried.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner...I started-"