5 Decision

Part 5 Decision

Nani felt bad for Khushi who was looking at Shivshankar's lifeless body. Nani took responsibility for Shivshankar's last journey. She didn't know why she was in Lucknow. She came to Lucknow only on the saint's words. Here, something unexpected and the most terrible thing happened. Whatever it was, Shivshankar was a great man. Sending him off with respect was her responsibility. Nani thought. She completed the funeral with the help of the villagers. She found something weird. Khushi didn't cry as how she expected. Her eyes were teary. Some drops of tears rolled down her cheek. She didn't create any big scenes. That amazed Nani.

Everyone left. Only Nani stayed with her. She came to Khushi and touched her hair with concern.

"Please make yourself up, bitiya... Grip yourself. I know this is an unredeemed loss..."

Cutting her,

"I'm alright jee... You are right this is an unredeemed loss to me. But, I'm glad about my Nanu's death"

"Glad?" Nani looked at her in shock.

"Yes... He got what he wanted. He never wished anything for himself except for this one. This is his only wish. Finally, his wish came true. He will be in heaven with Devi Maiya's blessings. It's enough for me"

Nani wondered. How could she be so balanced at this small age? How wiser she was?

"What about you, bitiya? What will you do without your Nanu?"

"Devi Maiya will take care of me. Everything will happen as it is destined. So is my life. We can change nothing being gloomy"

Nani stared at her unbelievably. Shivshankar said Devi Maiya would take care of him. Khushi also said the same. And... She too trusted she was in Lucknow as per Devi Maiya's wish. She thought something.

"Will you come with me to Delhi? You can be with me in my house"

Khushi looked at her bewildered.

"I have a big family. Still, I feel I have no one... I will be happy if you are with me"

Khushi didn't know what to say. Going to Delhi? She heard many times about Raizadas from her Nanu. More than that, she knew nothing about them. What would she do going to Delhi? She was confused.

"No urgent... Think and give your answer" Nani said.

Khushi fell mute.

Evening

Nani got a call on her mobile. The call was from Arnav. She attended the call.

"Chotte..."

"How are you, Nani? When are you coming back to Delhi?"

"It will take two or three days for my return, Chotte"

"But why, Nani?"

"Do you remember, Shivshankar, the maintenance authority of the temple?"

"Yeah, I do..."

"He passed away last night..."

"Oh..."

"His granddaughter has no one. My heart won't allow me to leave her alone"

"Ok... But, you have to leave her after three days, right?"

"Actually, I'm thinking of bringing her to RM"

"Oh... Is she ready?"

"She hasn't said anything yet"

"Ok... Your wish... Do what you want"

"I hope you have no problem with my decision of bringing her to RM, Chotte..."