24 Khushi and Ratna

Part 24 Khushi and Ratna

Khushi's eyes widened, seeing Ratna's spirit coming out of the smoke. She looked at the photo and then at Ratna to make sure that she was really Ratna's spirit. She was shocked to the core and shivered like hell as she made sure of it. In no time,

"Gho....gho...ghost..." she shouted,

"Shhhh" Ratna said.

"Ahhhhhh...." Shouting, Khushi fainted.

Nani who was pouring milk into the glass dropped it. Everyone rushed to see Khushi. Arnav who just entered RM also rushed to the Pooja room, hearing Khushi's shout.

They saw her lying on the ground, motionlessly. Without thinking of anything, Arnav scooped her in his arms and rushed to the guest room. He made her lie on the bed. Taking the water jug, he sprinkled water on Khushi's face. She tried to open her eyes but could not as she lost her strength completely.

Nani made her drink water and wiped her face with water. Khushi slowly opened her eyes. She remembered what she saw a few minutes ago. Suddenly, she sat on the bed and looked here and there, making everyone flinch. Entwining her fingers together, she bit her nail fearfully, gulping down hard.

"What happened, Khushi? Why do you look scared?" Arnav asked.

Khushi didn't know if what she saw was real or if she had hallucinated it. People would think her mad if she told them that she saw Ratna's spirit who died eighteen years ago. So, she decided to lie.

"Lizard... Lizard was about to fall on me" She said fearfully, running her eyes in the room.

Arnav rolled his eyes whereas others sighed. Nani sat next to her.

"You didn't eat anything. Drink this milk first. Then only you will feel better"

Taking the glass, Khushi sipped it. She looked at Arnav.

"You too have something, Arnavji," she said with concern as he was also fasting.

Arnav blinked his eyes.

"Yes, Chotte, you too would not have had anything. I will ask Hari Prakash to bring you orange juice"

"No, Nani... It's already 7o' clock. I will have dinner with Khushi. Khushi, come let's go. We will eat"

Khushi nodded ok as she was hungry like hell.

"I will just come getting fresh-in-up" Arnav walked to his room.

Khushi came to the dining with Naniji, looking here and there. Within a few minutes, Arnav joined Khushi at dining. Khushi ate silently, thinking about her weird experience. Arnav looked at her.

"What are you thinking?"

Khushi nodded no awkwardly and ate. That was when Nani got a call from Pandit.

"Khushi bitiya, I will just come. You eat"

Khushi nodded ok. Nani came to her room and dialed Pandit but his call got disconnected. He attended the call.

"Hello, Maji"

"Namaste Panditji"

"Namaste. Has Khushi completed the Pooja?"

"Yes, Panditji. By Devi Maiya's grace, she completed the Pooja without any trouble"

"Really...? It's wonderful"

"But why, Panditiji?"

"I thought the one who controlled your daughter's soul would subvert it... (He paused) didn't you guys feel any disturbance at the time of pooja?"