Compromised

A.N. There's the same warnings for this chapters as in the last chapter, so if you want to skip this chapter feel free too, you can always message me if you want the brief summary of what happens. Also, if there is anything you guys want to see in this book, feel free to leave a comment or message me, and I'll see if I can put it in -- I won't do smut though. Also, sorry for how dialogue-heavy this is.

Clint's P.O.V.

"What the fuck was that shit Fury?" I yelled, storming into his new penthouse office.

"Hello to you too agent Barton. I assume the mission didn't go as planned?" Fury replied, both his face and voice completely calm, which only pissed me off more.

"Cut the bullshit, you knew that it was Red Room running that op, and you still sent her in. Why?"

"You and Romanoff still weren't aren't on a level of trust that I would have preferred, so I decided to speed up the process."

I slammed my fist against Fury's desk, it was all I could do not punch the man himself. "By exposing her to one of the worst parts of her life, she's a shell right now Fury. How does that help anyone?"

"Romanoff isn't a very open person, you know that. This was the only way that you would be able to get past the mask that she puts up, say whatever you want about that. And I wouldn't exactly say she turned into a shell, a shell couldn't have done what she did to Mr. Petrovich. The men we sent to clean up what happened thought that a feral animal got in there. Eyes gouged out, throat ripped open, every single finger ripped off...not a pretty sight to see. Almost like he was attacked by a mon-"

I clenched my jaw and gritted out, "If you finish that sentence I will make what happened to Ivan look like a scene from a children's book."

"I'd watch your tongue agent."

I rolled my eyes, "Romanoff and I are both taking two weeks leave, sir and I don't care what you say about it."

"Funny, Morse requested the same amount of leave from the Hub about forty-five minutes ago. Remember the rules, Barton." With that, I quickly left the office and headed toward the med bay where they currently had Natasha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natasha's P.O.V.

I entered Ivan's office, the dark wood and deep red carpeting making it seem like it belonged to a king, though I supposed to us girls that's what he was. The man who offered us a bed and food when we had nothing.

My legs were shaking, and palms sweaty; I messed up, and now I was going to pay, I just didn't know how much. "Natalia, do you remember the parameters of the mission?" Ivan asked, his voice a steely calm as he turned to face me.

"Yes, Sir." I hung my head, not wanting to make eye contact.

"And what where they, my little tsarevna?" Ivan asked, caressing my jaw.

"Befriend and eliminate the target within three hours and make sure no one sees."

"Yes, and what happened on the mission?" His gentle hand went firm and he moved my head so that I had to look him in the eye.

"There was someone else in the room, a witness, and I had to wait for him to leave so that I could get to Drakov's daughter, that made me go over the six-hour time limit, but-"

"Ahh, ahh, ahh, not buts. Do you know what this means, Natalia?"

I said nothing, this was a very important mission for me, and not complying to the parameters I was given would mean that I would be punished severely. I had finished the mission though and Drakov was going to come home to see his daughter's head resting on the kitchen table. I still needed to be punished though.