A New Chapter

Clint's P.O.V.

I sat on the roof of an office building, that overlooked the hotel that my target was supposed to be at. There weren't many places they would let a minor without a diploma get a job, so I did what I had to do in order to survive with the skills I had. I made sure though to only accept contracts on people who really deserved it: gang leaders who were terrorizing neighborhoods, pimps who get satisfaction from beating their girls half-to-death, I have even gotten a few from some younger girls whose uncles or dads have gotten a bit too handsy- I never charge for those. This guy was apparently some Senator who liked to blow off steam by smacking his wife around. I had been sitting and watching for a few hours when I heard some footsteps behind me. I went to stand up and see who it was when I felt the sting of a taser. I fell over and a guy in his late twenties with brown hair in a suit walked over to me. I tried to back away, but my body wouldn't respond.

"Don't run, it'll only make it worse for you," the man said. I could see the sorrow in his eyes, which wasn't that odd for my cliental, but his gender was a little odd.

"Hey, if you want to take a contract out on someone you'll have to wait. I'm in the middle of a job. I although I am not going to take out your boss if you're trying to move up the company ladder if that's what you're here for. I don't do stuff like that," I informed him.

"That's not what I'm here for. I was sent to kill you." My eyes grew wide at that statement, my mind was trying to find a way out. I know that I targeted some seedy people, but I didn't think that I had done anything that would make the men in suits come after me. "I don't want to though, I've seen what you can do, and I think you can help the organization I work for."

"Who are you with M16, CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, Men in Black?" I was partially trying to buy time so that I could get enough feeling in my limbs to make a run for it.

"I work for the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistic Division, and don't try to move or I'll shoot for real."

"Well I guess anything is better than getting shot on a rooftop." I started to get up slowly. "I'm guessing that you're not going to let me finish this contract are you."

"No I'm not Mr. Barton, now come with me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coulson's P.O.V.

I saw him sitting on the roof waiting for his victim, he must have heard me because he turned around. I hit him with my taser before he could make a move to shoot me though. I could see that he figured out any attempts at running would not work.

"Don't run, it'll only make it worse for you," I said, knowing that if he ran, I would have to shoot him for real.

"Hey, if you want to take a contract out on someone you'll have to wait. I'm in the middle of a job. I although I am not going to take out your boss if you're trying to move up the company ladder if that's what you're here for. I don't do stuff like that." That surprised me a little. A mercenary with a fairly straight moral compass.

"That's not what I'm here for. I was sent to kill you," his eyes grew wide when I said that, so I thought I better calm him down, "I don't want too though I've seen what you can do, and I think you can help the organization I work for."

"Who are you with M16, CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, Men in Black?" I knew that by now he should have feeling returning to his limbs, so he was most likely trying to stall. Although I had to give him points for the joke at the end, even though he was a lot closer to the mark than he knew.

" I work for the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistic Division, and don't try to move or I'll shoot for real. "

"Well, I guess anything is better than getting shot on a rooftop." He said, getting up slowly. "I'm guessing that you're not going to let me finish this contract are you."

"No I'm not Mr. Barton, now come with me."