Recovery

Natasha's P.O.V.

I had been sitting in the waiting area for about thirty minutes when Bobbi showed up. I almost got up to greet her but decided against it given that her husband's blood was still in my clothes.

"Any news on him?" She asked sitting next to me, her voice panicked.

"They won't tell me anything, but it was a through and through wound, although it is likely that an organ or bone got clipped. The main thing I'm concerned about is the explosion that happened. Which, by the way, your husband is an idiot, I'm pretty sure he brought no normal arrows and decided to only go with the combustion ones."

"Hey, don't call Clint an idiot when you're the reason he is like this," Morse said, her tone rather clipped.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't force Barton to jump in front of that bullet, he did it himself. I had nothing to do with it."

"I just find it rather funny that your last mission you made contact with members of the Red Room, and now Clint is in surgery after having been shot."

"Not by me though. That bullet was heading for me and I can tell you right now I wouldn't have had a problem if it had hit me, in fact, I wish it had." I wasn't sure if I said that because I really did wish it had hit me, or if I just wished it hadn't hit Clint.

Bobbi just responded by crossing her arms and turning away from me, which was fine in my books, she wasn't the reason I was here, nor is she the person I wanted to see.

After about three hours one of the SHIELD doctors had come in, by this point Coulson had also joined us. "Clinton Francis Barton," she called out into the waiting area. All three of us stood up and she made her way over.

"How is he?" Bobbi and I asked at the same time.

"Well, he had some minor internal bleeding along with perforation of the liver, but he is stable and in recovery right now, but the explosion did damage his hearing quite a bit. It was lucky that agent Romanoff did what she the first aide that she did, or he would have been in a much worse condition. We haven't been able to run any test yet, but we think it is rather substantial. We have given him a temporary aide for now, but something a little more substantial will need to be created if he is to be able to continue field work."

"Can we go see him?" Bobbi asked. I noticed that through the whole conversation she had been wringing her hands.

"One at a time only right now, we don't want to overwhelm him right now. He's in room 3."

"Morse, you go first. I'm sure you're probably the one he wants to see first. Meanwhile, I am going to go talk with the doctor."

Bobbi nodded and then rushed off to see Clint.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobbi's P.O.V.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I entered the room. It was strange to see Clint so calm, but also scary to see all the wires and tubes he was attached to. I knew that this is part of what you sign up for when you become a SHIELD, but it is still a shock every time I see it.

"A bit like a got shot, but these drugs are really good," Barton joked, laughing a little bit before flinching in pain.

"Calm down there okay, I'm sure that no one is going to be happy if you rip out your stitches. Did they tell you all that happened?"

"Yeah, the explosion messed up messed up hearing, they also said I had some internal bleeding, which I don't understand how that was an issue I mean, the blood is supposed to be inside you."