Reunions

A.N. This is just a connector between where I think the Black Widow movie will be and what has been confirmed of what Natasha between Civil War and Infinity War.

Natasha's P.O.V.

"So wanna share with the class what you've done since the last time we saw you. I mean besides, go to a hairdresser obviously?" Sam asked as the quinjet we were on made its way to Lebanon, using coordinates that were so kindly provided by Everett Ross.

"You know family drama it never stops, and I hate when it ruins my Christmas presents." Both men looked at me with confusion, it was no secret among the team that they were the first true family I had, at least they were the first family I had that I didn't fear any of them would kill me in my sleep. "A few years ago, Clint had been sent – well more like volunteered to go on- a mission to destroy the Red Room, well turns out that those bastards were as hard to defeat as Hydra. So, I gathered up some people that I knew weren't still kissing the KGB's ass. Well, turns out that people get really pissed and defensive when you bomb their buildings to high hell, and they brought in back up. I'm sure you don't want to hear about my little eastern European backpacking trip though. Why don't you tell me what has happened to our little Azkaban escapees?" I said, stretching my legs out and trying to get comfortable for our way to long plane ride.

"I understood that reference," Steve butted in from where he was sitting in the cockpit. According to Sam, that's where he liked to have his Wakandan skype sessions with Barnes. Well, at least I have someone else who is trying to make the whole long-distance/at least one of us is a fugitive thing work.

"Of course, you did. I'm sure you found it rather humorous you Hufflepuff," I shouted over my shoulder in Steve's general direction, before turning my attention back to Sam.

"Well, Wanda is mainly spending time with Vision most likely trying to figure out which way the USB goes in- if that's even a thing...I mainly try to avoid thinking about what's going on there, but we do have check-ins every few weeks. We'll probably have another one after this mission." Good, I needed to make sure the girl wasn't going to fast with her first-ever relationship and I'm sure that neither Hydra nor her brother taught her any practical tips for one's love life. "And Stark's lawyers somehow managed to pull some strings with Scott and Clint, the two are now on house arrest."

I looked down and my hands, which had at some point become intertwined, let out a breath that I hadn't even realized I was holding. Clint already wasn't great in confined spaces and when the man had nothing better to do, he was the most self-deprecating son of a bitch you could meet. I looked up at Sam and saw a smug smirk on his face, stance cocky.

"Anything else you want to share with the class?"

I rolled my eyes, "You work with someone for around a decade and you can't help be get attached, that's all."

"Yeah sure," Sam trailed off. "I will say while the man is cocky Stark has some great lawyers."

I stood. For some reason, there was a tenseness in my body, like a spring that had been compressed for too long. "Lang wouldn't have been that hard of a case to argue, while he did technically help fugitives, he had no real idea of what was going on. Clint's was probably a little harder, most likely hanging on the contingent that he was going to finally retire." I grabbed one of the rails that decorated the ceiling and leaned my weight forward. "Which we all know isn't going to happen."

"You okay there Romanoff?" Sam asked concern etched onto his face.

"Yeah, just getting used to this being a wanted woman thing again. By know you think I would be used though, I mean I swear I've had more people wanting to through me in a cell since I joined SHIELD than any time beforehand."

"At least we're still doing good though."

I shrug, "Fair enough, I'm just ready to get this Chitari crap out of some renegade terrorist's hands before they can do anything with it."

"You better rest then, because we're still a few hours out from our destination and you still look exhausted," Steve said, moving into the cargo hold and taking a seat next to where I had been previously located.

"If you say so, Captain." I sit down next to Steve, using him to get comfortable before closing my eyes.

"By the way, I think that all terrorists are technically renegades."

I just flipped off the world symbol of morals and loyalty before drifting off to a restless sleep.