(Re)Introductions

A.N. I know that I had previously uploaded this part, but thinking back on it there was a lot that I wanted in this section, so I did end up adding more to this chapter. I also want to add that Skye won't be acting the way that she currently is through the whole story.

Natasha's P.O.V.

"Hello Natasha," Coulson said as he tapped on his tablet, disabling the electrical field that served as the fourth wall of the cell.

I stood up and slowly made my way to him, overcome with a wave of emotions that no amount of training or torture could have stopped.

"I know there's a lot that I'm sure you don't understand."

"You don't think?" There was a sting in my voice, more potent than anything that my Widow Bites could have delivered. "How long have you been keeping this a secret from us?"

"A few months after New York." My jaw clenched at the statement. "But, I was under Fury's orders he wouldn't let me come into contact with any of the Avengers, he said it could compromise the team."

"Bullshit," I growled, shoving Coulson back a few steps. "Fury's orders have never stopped you from telling Clint or me about things that would affect us, and I have to say I definitely think that this falls into the category. You know that Clint and I could have compartmentalized enough to not let the rest of the team know."

"Nat," Coulson said, raising his hands up in surrender.

"No, you don't get to talk right now. Do you know the hell that Clint and I went through thinking that you had died? What the whole team went through? Even Stark and Rogers blamed themselves for what happened!" I shoved Coulson again, at this point cornering him against the wall. "Did you even care about what we went through." Tears began to well up in my eyes, but I didn't care enough to even try and wipe them away. "Do you even care about the weeks that Clint and I had filled with nightmares about having lost you? Do you even care that your death drove Clint into such a deep hole that I didn't think I would ever be able to get him back out? He was blaming himself for what happened to you; meanwhile, you were here running around with some new team. You were part of the only family that we had left and then you come back and don't tell us." Each sentence was punctuated with another shove, even though there was nowhere for Coulson to go. Coulson just stood there though, accepting everything that I gave him. At least until the dam broke.

"I was scared," I stated, to myself or Coulson, I wasn't really sure. My voice wavered with the emotion behind my words. "I had just lost you and I thought that I was going to lose my partner and then I had to act like none of this was affecting me. I had to be strong for Clint and then SHIELD, or Hydra now, and then I find out that you were alive the whole time and didn't even think to reach out to us."

Coulson pulled me into his arms, one hand holding me close while the other began to stroke my hair. "I am so sorry. I thought what I was doing was the right thing. I was told that you and Clint were moving on and I didn't want to really pick at that scab. I do want you to know that I kept as many tabs on the two of you as I could."

I didn't reply and just let the tears fall until there was none left and I'm sure Coulson's jacket was ruined.

"You okay?" Coulson asked, his voice soft, as I pulled away.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Coulson reached out and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Want to meet the team? You know most of them but..."

I nodded, going back to the holding area and grabbing my duffle bag.

"After that though I want you to go to medical and have that shoulder looked at. You might have enhancements, but you're not superhuman."