22. ʟᴏɴɢ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ♡

Do play the song for this chapter!!

JAY'S POV

After I made sure my love was fine. I patted her back one last time and tucked some of her hair behind her ear before speaking in a gentle tone.

"You okay love?"

She nodded and took a deep breathe feeling better after 'chocking'. I smiled and pressed my lips on her forehead before coming back to my seat and start the car again. Veer also kept his hand on Rooh and told her.

"Be careful smarty."

Rooh and I both nodded at his words but I kept my eyes at the road in front of us. Ravi was silent probably feeling guilty moreover I yelled at him but I don't know why I just loose my mind when something happens to her. She was coughing badly. I sighed and shook my head to push away the worrying thoughts.

Just then a soft hand slowly slide into my left hand which was on the car gear. A peaceful smile made it's way on my face at her cute gestures. Holding her hand tightly I let go all of my negative thoughts. I gave her a quick glance before squeezing her hand slightly and my eyes went back to the road. Rooh shifted on her seat to get a little closer to me before whispering.

"You should apologise to Ravi bhaiya.."

I frowned at her words and raised my eyebrows questioning what she meant before whispering back.

"Why should I apologise? You chocked because of him."

"Oho."

She let out this cute sound and shook her head as if she was disappointed. This time she said more like ordered me.

"It wasn't his mistake. You were rude to him so you should apologise."

I let out a whiny sigh at her words. Never in our life have we both apologised to eachother. That's just an unsaid rule of our friendship but could I deny my lady? Absolutely not.

"Um..Ravi.. I..am sorry.."

I tried to speak in a loud enough voice for him to hear but it didn't came out as loud as I thought but still he heard it and let out a loud gasp making Rooh and Veer look at him with interest as to what he was going to say.

"Did Mr. Jay Oberoi just apologised to ME..???? OH MY GAWD!!.."

He said in the most dramatic voice possible. I cringed at his expressions while veer also looked suprised. Rooh was looking at Ravi with confusion then suddenly she turned to me and whispered again.

"I can see why you are so dramatic."

I laughed out loud at her words. Ravi and Veer looked at me weirdly as if I have gone crazy. Well..I have gone crazy for my Rooh. That's for sure. Rooh also chuckled seeing me laugh like that.

"I think he has gone mad."
"I think smarty has also gone mad with him."

Veer and Ravi talked among themselves while I and Rooh were laughing like crazy.

"Ohh.."

I let out a shaky breathe trying to stop my laugh. I again squeezed her hand as I stopped laughing, in response to which she gave me the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I pulled our tangled hand closer to my face and kissed the back of her hand before getting my focus back on driving.

"Ok ok you gotta tell me. What made you apologise to me huh ? Bha- miss singhania must have asked you to do that right?"

Ravi asked after he was done bitching about me to veer. I smiled at his attempt of not using the word Bhabhi. Rooh looked at him and spoke somehow feeling embarrassed?