31. The pictures?

JAY'S POV

"Mr. Oberoi? So shall we sign the deal final?"

I looked up from the file I was studying, everyone present in my office stared at me with anticipation to hear my final say. I let out a sigh and closed the file keeping it on the glass table. I stood up from my seat in a swift motion making my chair go backwards a few inches.

"Before you planned all this with my own brother..you could have atleast acknowledge who you are going against Mr. Khurana."

I said in a sharp tone while clenching my fist tightly as I shoot my client a deadly glare. Everyone is the room shivered for a second, sensing their little bubble of secret was about to Pop!. Ravi frowned and picked up the file I was reading and checked the details once again.

"What kind of bullshit is this?"

Karan said and stood up feeling overly targeted by my words. Mr. Khurana who was over the moon a few minutes ago thinking he finally cracked the deal was also looking tensed now. I raised my eyebrow at Karan and throw the file in front of him at the table.

"You tell me what bullshit this is? You think you can fool me in my own company? You think you will show the cost of production 2 times and fill your own pockets while I will accept everything like a fool?"

My loud voice echoed in the cabin, loud gasps could be heard from people around as I busted the "masterplan" of my dear brother! Letting out a sharp breath I continued to glare at Karan who was now ruffling through the files trying to prove his point right. I shook my head and looked at my dear client who was looking down with sweat rolling down his forehead. Sensing my gaze at him, he stood up and cleared his throat before speaking in a fake suprised tone.

"I had no idea he would do this Mr.Oberoi. I apologise for not checking the facts."

I scoffed visibly and crossed my arms over my chest. The tension in the room kept increasing with time, as everyone stood at their respective places with shock and fear evident on their faces. I teared the file and threw the pages at his face before yelling.

"The cost is collected from the Data presented by your company Mr. Khurana!! If you think you can come up with some manipulated figures and fool me..then YOU ARE WRONG."

If I say people were beyond shock, It won't be a lie. The shock was due to the trick Khuranas and Karan tried to pull, not because of my reaction. One thing was crystal clear in my company..I have no tolerance against dishonesty and malicious stunts.

I was about to yell at them to leave the place when the door of office opened abruptly and the most unexpected person stepped in. Rooh...
But she wasn't smiling like she usually does, the shine in her eyes was dulled out, the strength with which she steps was not visible. My heart clenched seeing the tear stains on her beautiful face.

She just stood at the entrance looking at me. Not a word left her mouth, even her eyes felt void. My breath hitched seeing the reason of my smile looking so helpless and drained. I knew everyone was staring at us in shock and confusion but I couldn't care less about anyone else in the world right now.

SHE was there and she isn't okay. Ignoring the stares on us I literally ran to her, the distance between my seat and the entrance was never this long. Standing in front of her with worried face, I quickly hugged her tightly caressing her hair. The anger I was feeling moments ago was now replaced by helplessness and concern seeing my love in this condition.