41. Lover

[Make sure to play this beautiful song]

RUHANI'S POV

I was outside the hospital with Jay who had his arms wrapped around my lower back protectively as we both stood there in the middle of the night waiting for my taxi to arrive, because according to Jay I was tired and needed rest. I folded my arms against my chest and pouted, feeling frustrated at him for sending me back home when I am supposed to be here with him.

I let out a loud sigh to let him now that I was upset and didn't want to go home but he was too engrossed in finding me a safe ride home. Looking at his phone with crashed eyebrows he cancelled the ride for the third time because the driver looked 'shady'. I rolled my eyes and walked away sitting at one of the benches placed outside the hospital, my actions made Jay follow me as he took a sit beside me.

"Even he looks weird, ugh..where are all the good men that we can trust?"

He spoke grumpily judging all the drivers by their profile pictures while I gave him a weird look but he was too 'busy' to notice that. Feeling even more irritated I bite the inside of my cheeks and stomped my feet on the ground, which finally made him look at me as he spoke casually.

"What happened love?"

I look at him with narrow eyes and rolled my eyes which made him look at me in confusion not understanding what he did wrong. He placed his phone back in his jacket's pocket and took my hands in his, finally giving me his whole attention. He raised his eyebrows expecting me to elaborate something but I kept quiet, in response to which he let out a sigh and asked again, this time in a softer tone.

"Meri jaan ke naak par gussa kyu baitha hain?"

"I don't want to go home."

I whined out and slumped my shoulders while jay smiled before putting his arm around me, he made me place my head on his shoulder. We stayed silent for a minute enjoying the calmness of the night as the cold breeze tickled our skin softly. Breaking the comfortable silence, he spoke , phrasing his words carefully.

"But you are tired Rooh, look Baba and Karan also went home. Plus only one person is allowed to stay with maa. So, why don't you go home, have a comfortable sleep and come back tomorrow?"

He looked at me with hopeful eyes expecting me to agree with him but I just crashed my brows together, thinking what could I say to make him let me stay. Narrowing my eyes, I studied his expressions...he was serious. He actually wants me to go home to sleep. I dropped my head on his shoulder again and spoke while looking at the park in front of us.

"But what about you ? I want to stay here with you.."

"Aww..my baby.."

Jay said, his voice full of adoration as he hugged me while sitting and kissed my forehead. Cupping my face in his hands, he squeezed me cheeks turning my lips into a pout. He chuckled looking at me squeezed face and spoke while still smiling.

"I am perfectly fine, you helped me A LOT! But now my girl needs her precious sleep. Please Rooh, I just want you to sleep peacefully at home. Maa is fine, I will sleep on the couch in her room. You deserve a good rest my love."

"You deserve a good rest too.."

I continued to look at him with my narrowed eyes while speaking. Jay looked at me with a sly smile, shaking his head at my stubbornness he played with his lower lip trying to find a good enough response to make me agree with his point. After thinking for a moment, he tucked in my hair which were covering my face again and again due to the cold breeze; before speaking.