56. The iron rod

The warning:  The content below contains the mention of blood, violence, which might be triggering. Viewer's discretion advised.

JAY'S POV

I could confidently say that those 18 hours were one of the most dreadful hours of my life. My heart ached badly for not being able to wipe those painful tears away from her beautiful face, for not being able to embrace her when she cried. Those steps that I took to  walk away from her crying  self can be termed as  the most difficult thing I had to do against my wish.

As the time passed on, memories from my painful past started panging my soul. My heart beat raised as each passing second brought me to closer to that man and further away from my rooh. The best way I could think of to distract myself was to close my eyes and loose myself in my dreams; So I just slept away the flight; waking up in between only to eat.

The first thing I did after landing was to get a new sim to talk to Rooh but to my bad luck her phone was switched off. Getting worried, I left her a lot of messages and calls; even called Veer , who informed me that she was busy in her practical.

After collecting all of my luggage, I walked out of the airport and was met with the dark night sky with cold breeze brushing against my skin making  me shiver. It's much colder here. My eyes roamed around the place, there was a time when I used to call this land my home, where I was Born But the twisted games of destiny made me hate this place and I vowed to never come back. Yet, here I am again.

Shaking my head, I tried to not ponder on the insignificant things from the past. All of the heaviness in my chest vanished away when Rooh finally picked up my call. Damm! I can't explain in words how much peace I felt, after hearing her voice. I was walking around the airport finding a good restaurant while talking to her when she asked me call her later.

No matter how much I yearned to talk to her more, to ask her about her day; I found myself agreeing to her after finding out she was driving. So we both hanged up and I walked further after asking someone for directions. The night got even darker with only a few people around, without realising I walked far away from the airport. So not wanting to spend too much time  on the empty roads, I fasten my steps till the restaurant came in my view.

As I was about to open the door, an arm came in front of me blocking my way. I stumbled back due to the sudden moment. Crashing my eyebrows, I raised my eyes and looked to my side only to see two buffed man standing in front of me. Both of them wore cop uniform with a badge on their shoulder.

"Yes sir?"

I asked poliety and roamed my eyes around, a police car was parked only a few meters away from where I was standing and I could see a few officers sitting in it too. One of the two men standing in front of me, went behind my back and dragged my suitcase away from me.

I tried to reach for him but the other men stopped me by placing his hand on my chest. I slightly smirked and slowly lifted my eyes in his direction shooting him glares but he didn't back off. So, I jerked his hand away from me causing him stumble a few steps back.

I glared at both of them before asking in a louder tone, finding it hard to control my annoyance.

"Will you guys tell me what is the problem? See, you both look like cops but this behaviour isn't acceptable."

They both exchanged glances but neither of them spat a single word out. For a moment, I doubted if they even understood english. That's when I noticed them more than just there uniform; stoic expression, cold face, buffed body..Heck! They didn't even look Korean but more like Europeans. That's when I started doubting if they were even real officers.