Chapter 309 - Collapse of the Ladros City: Deal

A monster lord appeared all of a sudden. The worst was that it wasn't an ordinary monster lord. It was at the top tier in terms of fighting ability. The Underground King was at the level of the Destruction Queen.

'That guy... I remember him causing a combination in this continent thousand years ago. I didn't know that he was sealed here. If he was sealed maybe the other two were also sealed but we have no idea where it is.' Saya said to him. She was also familiar with the Underground King and the other two kings as well.

'We don't need to worry about it for a while. That monster lord will take some time before it broke the chains. Our problem right now is Randolf.' Souta replied to her with a gloomy expression. Although Randolf wasn't at the Red Crystal Empire's Emperor level, he was still out of his league.

The difference between his current strength and S-rank was too large.

Should he use his cards?

He glanced at his system and checked the reward cards that he received in the Ibish village's quest.

Level up card(s): 2

Skill-level up card(s): 2

One-time best feram skill card(s): 1

One-time Dark Dominance skill card(s): 1

300,000 experience card(s): 1

He could use the One-time best feram skill card to increase his strength. With this, he would be able to use best feram with a limited amount of time. Also, there's no side effect in using cards.

He turned to Randolf and asked, "Are you still going to fight me even though you completed your goal?"

There's no point in fighting Randolf as he wouldn't receive anything. It was better to go down and hunt those members of the Seven Deadly Sins. He would receive a lot of rewards that way.

"I wanted to leave this place too but the extraction isn't complete so I have no choice but to stay here. So I'm going to fight you to pass time." Randolf paused for a moment and said, "Still, you haven't lost your will to fight. It seems that you've still got some ace in your sleeve. Oh? Now that we talked about it, I recalled that every time you fought someone above your level you always drunk monster potion. Don't tell me, you've still got a monster potion."

Souta didn't reply to him. He closed his eyes and heard the cry of the souls.

'There's no need to hold back... Let me use the souls of people that died.' He thought.

'You!! There's a monster lord below you! That level of monster would sense you if you absorb the soul of the dead people here!' Saya said hurriedly. She didn't recommend this choice. It was risky to show this ability in front of a creature that reached that level.

'But that monster lord would focus on breaking the chains...' Souta replied as he opened his eyes and thousands of souls went towards him.

In just a few seconds, he reached the limit of the souls that he could gather.

[Harvester of the Soul] Soul Collected (Left Piece): 1,800/1,800

He used it to increase his intelligence attribute by 10. Then, he saw the souls filling up his earring once again.

[Harvester of the Soul] Soul Collected (Left Piece): 1,900/1,900

Once again, he used it in his intelligence attribute.

He only stopped after increasing his Intelligence by 50. He checked his stats and nodded silently.

Intelligence: 777 » 827