Chapter 317 - Collapse of the Ladros City: Clash

Yuko had the blessing of Raeshka so she wasn't feeling the power of suppression from the Underground King but Souta wasn't exempted from this.

It wasn't that she couldn't feel the suppression. It's just that she could reject the will of this monster lord as she was under Raeshka's banner.

But Souta...

Souta couldn't move his body at all. He was forced to his knees. He couldn't decline or reject the Underground King. If the Underground King ordered him to kill himself, Souta's body would move and kill himself.

A monster lord's order was absolute.

No stray monster could reject it.

That's what it means to be a monster lord. They have absolute dominance over lower monsters.

This was the reason why Souta didn't want to meet a monster lord. He will have no choice but to grovel on the ground and followed the lord of the monster.

He was just lucky that Raeshka didn't use her suppression on him or else he wouldn't be able to come back here.

'Souta, do you want me to control your body?' Saya asked him.

'No, there's a chance that they will discover your existence if you possessed my body.' Souta replied to her. He didn't know what they would do once they learned about Saya's existence.

...

Leo looked at the Underground King with a plain expression.

'Did this guy sense the soul arts? No, that's not possible. His entire attention was on the chains so he couldn't have sensed the soul arts. Also, he didn't even sense when I arrived in front of him.' He thought while looking at the monster lord.

Then, about the others...

'I will erase everything around the perimeter so that no one would know about soul arts.' Leo said as his overwhelming energy started to came out of his body.

He raised his right hand and black energy with green linings coated his hand.

[Rotting Earth]!

Black mist seeped out of the ground and it corroded anything around Leo. Everything within three hundred meters around him started to decay.

'No one should covet the soul arts. For safety, I will erase anything.'

...

Souta noticed the wave of energy. The corpses around him started to disintegrate. Even the boulders of rocks were slowly crumbling.

He was shaken. This skill was damaging everyone except for him. This made him realized that Leo was deliberately keeping him alive.

It's too early for him to meet this level of opponents.

'Souta, there's no doubt about it.' Saya's voice sounded in his mind. 'That man knows about you using the souls to fight.'

Souta's expression turned grave. He didn't know any soul arts at all. This was the ability of the universal artifacts that he had.

Then, the ashes moved and turned into a body. After that, the body started to twitched before they stood up.

After the body disintegrated it formed another body and turned into an undead.

Souta could clearly see it using his [Soul Eye]. Different souls came from another realm appeared and entered the body of the undead.

This was the ability of the leader of the Zodiacs, the Zodiac Leo. He was a peak necromancer that could control millions of undead at the same time.