𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑

6 MONTHS LATER 

Its Shaad's birthday tomorrow. Thirteen September. We haven't heard from each other since past six months, did he forget me? I have no idea where he is or how he is. I don't even know if I should wish him today, midnight at twelve or not. I've missed him every single day, every second of every moment. I miss his smile, laugh and cocky jokes that I used to act on like I didn't hear. I miss his scent, attention and the look he used to give me when I acted like I am not looking. I miss how time would run when I used to stare in his eyes. I miss his gentle touch and goofy smart sense of humor. I MISS HIM ALL DAY EVERYDAY. 

I hope he is still mine, because I am his. I will always be his it's not a promise to him but to myself. The way I love him, I bet nobody on this earth can experience this kind of love.
I am busy thinking whether I should wish him or not and a message come on my mobile's screen,

DORAEMON: What's your plan for ashfaque's birthday?

Its Afrid. Damn me. I haven't informed Afrid about this matter yet! I am afraid of his reaction, because maybe nobody matters to me, but his opinion does. Ashfaque and I are not together from 8 months now. Afrid has always been with me through my rough and tough he deserves to know the truth but how? I guess I need more time.

ME: Nothing.

DORAEMON: It's his birthday day after tomorrow. 

ME: I know, I'll come up with something. Why don't you take him somewhere...you know 'boys time.'

DORAEMON: Yeah, we asked him, but he said that he will come with us later in the evening and will spend his day with you.

Did that guy ever fell on his head or what? I may have not informed anyone about us breaking up, but he doesn't get to play with it. I didn't even reply Afrid and immediately opens ashfaque's chats,

ME: What language do you really understand?" 

ASHFAQUE: What did I do now?

ME: Why did you told Afrid that you will be spending your birthday 'day' with me and evening with them?

ASHFAQUE: Because you were my girlfriend, besides you are not in a relationship with anyone, nor you are busy anywhere. So, I don't see any problem for you to spend time with me.

ME: You know how cheap you sound right now. I may not be in a relationship, but I AM IN LOVE with someone, and you don't have any right over me now that we know we are not together, doesn't matter if I haven't informed to everyone about it or not.

ASHFAQUE: Muskan, I love you, I really do. I've released what you mean to me, if I have got into this path why are you not following me? Why is Shaad so important to you. He has not even talked to you from six months.

ME: You asked me to be your friend ashfaque and that's the only relation we have. Its better if you don't keep hopes from me to come back to you at any cost.

ASHFAQUE: What is this attitude for? and for whom, that guy? He is not even one percent of what I am.

ME: Yes, he isn't, that's why I love him. 

ASHFAQUE: No, you are not getting it. He doesn't love you; he was just playing around with you until you fell for him, and you can clearly see he left you stranded for six months now.

𝘏𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨.... 𝘪𝘧 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘥 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦.

ASHFAQUE: What? done with arguing? Now I am asking it fairly, Muskan, will you come spend time with me on my birthday, I am asking as a friend we won't be alone don't worry.

ME: Fine. Goodbye.

DONE. I've decided that I will wish him tonight just to start a conversation and then I'll ask him where he's been from past six months. Am I supposed to prepare a script on how I will wish him, or I should just utter anything that comes on my mind. It's been a long time I've talked to him, but I still remember his voice. My love for him is surreal. I looked at him as a friend until I realized how much I love that man. If I have to, I'll wait for him forever because he is all I want, all I need. I don't want anyone else no matter how much they are superior to him, because it's not about Shaad, it's about me, my love for him will never die. After months and months, I'll be talking to him today. The first time we talked was when I asked him for notes and now, I am going to ask him where the hell he was for all these months. Just how fast the night changes. 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥. I am so nervous as if we'll be talking for the first time. I can't even ask someone to give some advice on how to start a conversation after so long. 

𝘖𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘬𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸.... Komal and I, we broke up. She chose her boyfriend over me and that broke a part of me. I always thought if no one but I'll always have Komal, and she literally proved me so wrong. I already had trust issues in relationship and love but the trauma she gave me is a different story. She left me and gave me a reason why not to believe in friendships ever again. She didn't leave me alone, she took a part of me with her, and the void she left, aches so hard every time I see people with their best Friends. It's not like I can't live without here, I just never wanted to learn how to live without her. Guess now i have to.

Its midnight, my thoughts are jumping between whether I should text him or call him. I think I should call him. Fine. Take a deep breath he isn't going to eat you. His phones' ringing.
"Hello" he picked up.