𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎

It's my birthday!!! I am so excited. I have never been this excited about it before. This is the first time Shaad himself told me where we will meet and when, otherwise we just end up waking across the streets. This is my first birthday without Komal. I remember when we were twelve years old, she gifted me a chain with pendant of a star. She was that star of my life. The star that just left its sky and fell down. The star which is nowhere to be found. I don't know if she were here what she would say to me on my birthday. I have received so many wishes from my people, including ashfaque whom I don't count as 'my people.' 

ASHFAQUE: Happy birthday gorgeous! May God save you before you destroy yourself. Have a great one.

ME: Thank you.
Jerk.

I won't say anything to him. I am having a good day today and no one will spoil it, especially not him.  I may have received a lot of wishes but I'll only look at those from whom I expected.

DORAEMON: Happy birthday Siso. Have a blast one. 

ME: Yeah, sure I will. Thank you.

Every time I receive a message from him, I feel like I am betraying him as I haven't informed him about me and Shaad. I am just trying to put it into better words before I explain him how and when did it all happened.

DORAEMON: Are you going somewhere with ashfaque?

ME: No. He is busy.

Yup. I lied. What was I supposed to say.

ME: Hey, I was thinking maybe you and I and some of my other friends, can we all hang out together today? Lunch on me. 

DORAEMON: I'll feel out of the place with your friends. You go.

ME: No, no its not just about lunch. I need to talk to you about something important. And don't worry about feeling out of the place Reem will be there too. 

Reem is in my college. I met her in my first year and it didn't feel like I never knew her before. She is always there for me, just a call or message away and she lives near my place. She never made me feel like I am disturbing her, taking up her space, or she is fed up with me, never. Instead, the comfort she gave me is unmatched. If it was not for her, I would have been really depressed. She made me laugh on my worst days. She is like blessings came with a face when I needed it the most. We connected instantly and by the law of friendship I introduced her to Afrid as well. Afrid and I, we do this often, we do friendship with each other's friends and if one of us gets mad at them we both breaks up with that person. Both Reem and Afrid thinks I am with ashfaque, the time when I came to know that ashfaque send his nudes to a girl and she did too, I was shattered. Not because I love him but because what a fool I was. I cried hugging Reem so much but still I didn't have the guts to say I don't love him I am just hurt. Reem informed Afrid what I am facing, and they both called ashfaque for I don't know how many times, but why will he come? we both know we have broken up it's just that I am hurt why will he care? That was the toughest day of my life, I was trying hard to tell them why I am hurting so much but I couldn't because I was not ready to say that. I really wished I would've opened my fucking mouth and speak the truth that day. Reem & Afrid has the thoughts that I am crying over that douche. I've asked reem to come too and she agreed. I've also told her not to tell ashfaque anything that cheeps might come there without permission and act like a heartbroken bitch. We have a bond. I am asking them to come so that I can tell them about me and Shaad. I guess it's the time they should know!

Shaad wished me at midnight with a long paragraph which I am going to frame someday. He made me so emotionally happy with that message. Or maybe it's because never in my life I've received a message from someone explaining how they feel about me or how important I am to them. But never mind, I don't want to be important for anybody else now that I have Shaad.
I am going to meet him in the evening. But first, I'll join my friends for lunch and then maybe we'll go somewhere. That is what I had decided initially but, God had its own plans. It's raining heavily. IN DECEMBER. Yup.  But my friends are so sweet they even agreed to come in such a weather, for me. Blessed? yes, I am.

I am wearing baby pink today. This is the first time I am wearing pink I don't know Shaad like it, so I liked it too. I am leaving home to meet my friends near college. Our college is in Matunga, the famous spot for fast food and snacks & we decide to go in a cafe which is everyone's favorite. I text Shaad,

ME: Hey, I am leaving.

SHAAD: Take care, have fun. I wished I could've joined you, but I am sorry. I am stuck till evening and oh, don't you forget you have an appointment with me in the evening. Don't you eat too much with your friends and then in the evening, rant Infront of me how your stomach can't take more of anything.

ME: (Laughing emojis) FINE! 

SHAAD: Take care, I love you.

ME: I love you too!

As I reach near to the college gate, I got pissed off. Its ashfaque, with Reem and everyone.
That bastard has got no chills. What does he want now. I immediately turn back to go home. I don't want this man around me. Reem calls out my name and I stop.

"Didn't I tell you not to bring him in here, this day was supposed to be for us not for a guy like him. I don't want him here Reem, get him out of here or I am leaving." My voice is louder, I am angry.
"Shh calm down, he is here to apologize." Reem says.
"Apologize? for what? Look I don't want him or his apologies or anything from him just get him out of here."
"Okay listen we can't do that now he is here, just deal with it, he will leave soon. Don't ruin your day okay we are here." she says calmly.

I look over to where ashfaque is standing with Afrid. Afrid nod at me and I went to the cafe with them. As soon as we enter the cafe, I immediately took my chair and sit with Afrid, I don't want that guy anywhere near me. But he is such a scoundrel, he too comes and sits near me. 
Reem have bought a cake for me, a chocolate cake my name written on it. I should ignore him and focus on my day.
"Happy birthday Muskan" they all wish me.