32.- Santa and mask

TW: swearing, blood, death

Lupita shot up and grabbed the soft blanket under her while trying to stabilize her breathing.

"You are breaking my hand," came a strained voice from beside her. Lupita let go of MJ's hand quickly and turned to the girl.

"I didn't have control," she whispered as she breathed heavily. "I didn't want to see... blood."

"I know, I'm sorry," MJ said and massaged her hand. "That was incredibly wrong of me to invade your head like that but I had to know about it."

"She will never do it again," Abeba said from behind them and placed a hand on Lupita's shoulder. "You went through all of that?" She nodded and held back tears. Then she noticed someone that wasn't there.

"Where is Ambrosia?" she asked. She wanted to see her more than anyone right now.

"She left, please don't ask more about it," MJ pleaded and Lupita felt a pit in her stomach. "Please don't think about that now. But could you tell us... you are a demigod?!"

"Marie," Abeba said harshly and slapped the girl's shoulder. "She has just been through a lot. Save your questions for later."

"It's ok," Lupita said in a shaky voice. "Fenrir is my dad," she whispered.

"Fenrir is a god?" MJ asked and furrowed her brows.

"With werewolves yes," Lupita said and scratched her arms, remembering the marks there. "A lot of demigods have special markings. Mine are the moons."

"Oh!" MJ said and slapped her forehead. "I remember reading that. And have you met other demigods?"

"One," Lupita said and felt her energy leaving her. She didn't want to talk anymore. "My old alpha."

"Cool and-"

"No more questions honey. She is tired," Abeba said and helped Lupita stand. "Call her father so he can pick her up."

"Oh, yeah," MJ said and stood up with them. "I'm sorry Lupi. I really am."

"It's fine," Lupita said and staggered out the door while leaning on Abeba. She was mad. Very mad. She didn't want to experience that memory again. Her leg stung as she thought about it. But she understood. It was important information.

"You don't have to say it's fine, you know that, right?" Abeba said as she carefully helped Lupita down the stairs.

"I know," Lupita said and fell on the couch once they reached it.

"How was it?" Cass asked and leaned over the couch's armrest from her place on the other couch.

"Your sister is grounded," Abeba said before moving to the kitchen.

"That bad?" Cass said and began rubbing Lupita's shoulder. "You ok?"

"Very tired," Lupita said and rubbed her leg. "And hurting."

"Yeah, the spell can bring back some old wounds. Nothing hurts too bad though?"

"No, just an ache," Lupita said and smiled when the girl began massaging her shoulder, which was difficult considering she was lying on her side. "You are very nice."

"Thank you, honey," the girl said with a wide smile. "I try my best."

"Do you witches have mates?" Lupita suddenly asked. She needed to talk about something else.

"In a way yeah," Cass began. "Not on the intense level that you werewolves feel it, but we do. MJ and Rowan are mates, though, we don't really call it mates, we just call them 'the destined one'."