Chapter |6|

Chapter |6|

Gymming with Andrew was a lot of fun. It was funny how easily I'd told him everything about the people I had to live with.

He was a really good listener. I had told him about how and why I had to disguise myself. I knew Linda wouldn't be satisfied with me just living as a prisoner. She wanted to take away everything I had.

My dad, my happiness, my life. And she did. She took away nearly everything I had. The only reason she couldn't take away my room was because she couldn't find a good enough reason to give my dad.

The only thing that kept Linda and Alicia from sabotaging my life even more was the cover I used for running. They loved seeing me obese. And I didn't want to give them a chance to turn vicious just because I'd taken something that they loved; my extra weight.

I didn't have friends. I wasn't allowed to smile. I wasn't allowed to live.

Yes I was alive but was I really living?

The answer is no. The only reason I wanted to come here and participate was because I saw a ray of hope that I didn't want to lose.

Hope that kept me strong. Hope to start a new life, without her or her daughter controlling it.

And I began this journey through Andrew. So I told him almost everything there was to tell. Almost.

It was funny how the people who had known me for years, left me to be with Alicia, just because of my new appearance while Andrew approached me while I was in my disguise.

After an hour of exercising, we had bid each other goodbye since it was already nearing 8'o clock.

It was around 8:30 now and my stomach was demanding food. There was supposed to be a dinner feast downstairs where all the participants residing in the hotels were invited to celebrate the night before everything would change, for the good or bad.

Tomorrow was the opening ceremony. The one where everyone was supposed to mingle and put on their best and impress everyone to get selected as the partners for the boys and girls.

Basically, the mothers who were the residents of Silver Valley were the ones who were going to choose their child's partner.

This was done because after the selection, the participants would be staying at their partner's house until the final ball.

The ball was supposed to be held two months later.

In between, there were going to be many activities in which partners were going to participate together.

And the activities were quite fun-filled. At least that's what we had heard.

I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. My stomach was grumbling with protest but I didn't want to go down for the feast. I really didn't feel like bumping into Alicia, Linda or even my dad for that matter.

So I picked the best option: room service.

I picked up the phone and ordered some food and waited for the night to end.

****

Next morning, I woke up quite early, which was a bit of a surprise.

I looked at the clock to see that I had about two hours before the ceremony began.

I didn't have to dress up much since I was pretty much wearing my thigh and stomach belts. I didn't want Linda to see me as Skylar because she was capable of destroying any scope of enjoyment I could possibly have.