Chapter |10|

Chapter |10|

Morning light poked my eye-lids, forcing them open and disrupting the best slumber I had in years.

I stretched my limbs with an unusual smile on my face as I sighed and snuggled further into my cloud-like mattress, with my eyes wide open.

I was fresh and any remnants of sleep had vanished as I wriggled in the sheets, a funny-good feeling taking over my body.

Maybe it had something to do with the giddiness of the possibility of starting over, like Andrew said.

It hadn't even been a full day since I met the Richard family and a bit more since I met Andrew but I was accepting them close to my heart without any second thought.

My heart kept warning me that it was dangerous. It was too.

I was scared how easily Emma and Chloe had wriggled their way along with Andrew into my securely built wall.

It was as if their one touch could send the heavily built wall, tumbling down. It was terrifying as it was exhilarating.

It wasn't until now that I'd realized how much I'd wanted someone to break through my walls.

Maybe it was for the hidden wishes of having a normal life that made the foundation of my walls weak.

"Knock knock!" The melodious voice of Emma echoed through the walls as she poked her head into my room cautiously.

"Good morning," I greeted with a grin and sat up, loosing the comfort of the bed against my body.

"Someone's chirpy. Anyways, just wanted to ask if you could help me make breakfast," she gave me a sheepish expression.

I brightened up at the idea of it. "Sure. Just give me a couple of minutes so that I can get rid of my stink."

She laughed. "Oh, and you might want to wear your things up. It's our turn to host the brunch this year."

I paused. "What brunch?"

"Did I forget to tell you? I probably did. It's Brunch-day today and this time I'm supposed to host it. Why else do you think I wanted your help with the snacks?"

My eyes widened. "What does Brunch-day mean?"

"Oh it's just a day where all the participants along with their friends accompany their families to this get-together that's organized every year. It's kind of a day to mingle and get to know your competitors before the actual activities start and all."

By this time, my eyes had widened to a point I didn't know they could.

"Oh," I uttered, hiding the questions that swarmed my mind like a frigging tornado.

Was I going to face Alicia again? Was she going to embarrass me? What if she made Emma realize that I wasn't good enough for her? What if Linda manipulated her and brainwashed her and Daniel, both?

Why do I even care if Daniel is brainwashed by my satanic step-mother?

I'm losing my senses.

I didn't realize that I was staring at the wall blankly until I slipped off the bed and fell down in a jumbled mess.

I groaned as my butt throbbed.

Untangling myself from the duvet, I made my way to the washroom. Grabbing a towel and my undergarments, I shut the door.

I pulled the shower curtain to a side that revealed the bathtub and stepped inside after getting rid of my clothes.

Hideaway On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara