Chapter |7|

WARNING: Long chapter ahead!

Your welcome for an early and a long update peeps. *takes a bow*. Enjoy :)

Chapter |7|

I sighed and grumbled a few annoyed words to myself as I plucked the neatly trimmed grass from the ground.

I was sitting in the garden outside the hall. It had been half an hour since I'd gotten outside and I was bored out of my mind.

Every now and then, someone found me and passed by muttering a rude comment.

Honestly, I was giving up replying to them. It was pretty useless because it wasn't gong to stop the mocking comments in any way.

I had not seen Andrew since the beginning. The reason for it was that the boys were guided to another room for their own partying since they weren't allowed to interfere in the selection of their partners.

After getting way too bored, I decided to get up and explore rather than sitting idly.

I wandered a bit, admiring the beautifully trimmed trees and wonderfully maintained flower beds that spread across the huge garden, adding to its beauty. I, for one, could never do gardening.

I was clumsy like that. Trust me, my mom had tried a lot to put me into gardening, but that was just not for me. I still remember the small plant that mom had given me when I was fourteen.

Let's just say that she found it under my bed with my 6th grade project file on it.

Don't even ask how it got there. Obviously I had blamed it on Mr. Redbum, the pet cat that literally had the reddest bum ever (among cats) and belonged to my old neighbour.

I decided to head inside since my stomach was growling a lot. I got up and dusted my sweat pants and begun my long journey in peace.

Yeah, empty stomach makes me dramatic like that.

I walked through the trees, slowly enjoying serenity before it would be disturbed the moment I set my foot inside.

As I walked, I heard a few murmurs from nearby. A few whimpers followed by.

I slowly went towards the commotion and my eyes widened when I saw a boy, around my age cornering a girl of around seven. The girl had tears streaming down her face.

Beside the boy, a younger version of him stood there smirking.

"Richards committed a huge mistake threatening my brother. Now he's going to get the taste of his own medicine," he snarled, making the little girl cower back in fear.

"B-But he pushed m-me down the s-slide and I g-got hurt," she spoke in a tiny voice.

Seeing the small girl like that made me angry. Why the hell was the boy taking his anger out on a mere seven-year old girl?

Wasn't he aware that even a small incident like this could scar her? From what I'd seen, the impact of these kind of situations could have adverse affects in further life and I was not about to see a pathetic coward just bully a child.

Before he could do anything else to scare her, I stomped towards him. He jumped a little in surprise when I pushed him aside and stood in front of the girl, protectively.

"And what the hell do you think you're doing?" I grit out, angrily.

He scanned me up and down as if trying to judge me. And that is what I hated a lot. People who judged others on the basis of what the person looked like were in my bad books.