Chapter |14|

(Skylar above)

Chapter |14|

No.

Please no.

"I repeat, hold hands with your respective partners and raise them up so that we can double check the pairs. Come on. Quick!" The announcing lady, who introduced herself as Casey, spoke into the mic.

She was a good-looking woman in her twenties who was really bubbly and cheery.

I groaned and looked at Daniel who supported the same look as I did.

I tried to avoid doing that but one sharp look from Emma, and I was inching my way towards my oh-so wonderful partner.

I grudgingly extended my hand towards him and he gave me the same annoyed look that adorned his face ever since the first announcement.

"I'm not holding your hand so get over it," he spat and I clenched my jaw in anger.

"Do really think I'd like to get the Saliva Factory's germs all over me? No thank you," I replied and retracted my hand.

At the mention of 'Saliva Factory' Daniel glared at me.

"Don't fucking call her that," he seethed and I matched his expression with my own stare.

"Then don't fudging create a scene," I retorted.

For a moment I saw a glint of amusement before it was replaced with the ever annoying glare of his.

"Listen you li-"

"Daniel," a voice brought us out of our glaring match and we both turned to look at a very, very annoyed Emma.

Emma had on a sweet smile but her eyes conveyed that what she was feeling right now was anything but sweet.

"Listen you two. I'm telling you this for the first and the last time. Behave. If I see you both not cooperating with whatever is asked, there will be consequences," she spoke in a deathly sweet tone and I almost gulped in fear.

The 'consequences' part was directed at Daniel and he seemed to get the hidden meaning since he glared at her but finally gave in.

The most surprising part was that he reached out and grabbed my hand in his but not before giving a hard stare in return to Emma, who stood there somewhat satisfied.

His hand was large and nearly his mine in it. It was warm and somewhat comfortable.

And there's no way in hell I'm ever admitting that out loud.

After a very awkward pause, I hesitantly changed the position of our hands so that we were both holding on instead of him grabbing mine.

He gave me a look.

I shrugged. "I'd like an equal part in whatever we participate."

Surprise came over his face as he glanced at our hands before averting his eyes elsewhere in an indifferent gesture.

I raised our joined hands up like the other pairs.

Once Casey was satisfied with every pair, she divided the pairs into groups of ten.

This way each group had twenty participants, with ten girls and ten boys each.

"Okay, now since there are sixty of you, the competition will be conducted group-wise. Each group has a set of activities in which they will compete and the way the pairs perform will add the points to your credit and personal scoreboard.