Chapter |35|

NOTE: (IMPORTANT) Many of you didn't get the notification of my last update so please do read Chapter 34 before reading this. You might not understand this chapter that well, otherwise.

Oh and there is one question I wanted to ask you all. If I get this book published, will you guys buy it?

(Please be honest)

Anyway, enjoy!

QOTD

Chapter |35|

Chapter |35|

I had never thought in my entire life that choices could be this difficult to make.

After my mother's death, it was really simple for me to choose. With me having no one to depend upon, I made choices that made me happy. There wasn't any case where I had two things to choose from. It was always either black or white.

That is why applying for London and everything had been so easy to decide. There wasn't anything that had the power to hold me back.

But as I stared into Daniel's grey orbs, with my heart running a marathon, I could sense an invisible pull that held the power to change my decision. The nerves in my body went haywire as I repeated his words in my mind.

Was this a dream?

A part of me wished it wasn't while the logical part of me wished it was, because if this turned out to be a dream, I could always pretend that Daniel didn't have any sort of feelings for me and that he didn't care whether I left or not.

But the thrashing of my heart, proved that it wasn't what the rational part of me wanted.

That it, in fact, was real.

"I..." I trailed of, unable to find words to say. What could I say, anyway?

Daniel gave me a slight smile before speaking.

"I know it would've been too selfish for me to ask you to stay so I kept my mouth shut. As much as I don't want you to go, it's not right for me to hold you back because you deserve a break from what you've been through," he said, making my insides melt.

As if they weren't melted enough, what he said made me want to turn into a puddle of goo.

"It's too bad though. I wasted too much time in building a fortress around who I actually am that before I could bring all of it down, you're going. But that doesn't change the fact that I really like you, fortress or not,"he said, looking up at the sky.

If I wasn't speechless earlier, this was definitely the moment when I lost my ability to speak. He liked me. He said that he really liked me.

My mouth opened and closed like a gaping fish as I struggled to speak. 

I know that he didn't say that he loved me, given my reaction but I wasn't even expecting that. I mean, we had known each other for barely a month and a half and love was too big of a word to use right now.