Chapter |17|

A surprise chapter (even though I'm in the middle of my finals) because... I love you guys❤️

Chapter |17|

"But why?!" I whined grumpily and stomped my feet childishly at Andrew who watched me with an amused smile.

"It's just one event. What's the big deal?" He asked and I huffed in response, crossing my arms in front of me.

"But isn't this a carnival? Then why is there a need for the partners to be together throughout the day?!" I whined again.

We were standing outside the carnival right now. I had been happy at the idea of going to the carnival since I'd never experienced one ever. There weren't many that took place back home.

But my happy thoughts soon came to a standstill when I got to know the rules here. Partners of the Ball were supposed to be together at all times and enjoy rides and games with each other.

And for this, each partner would be given the same coloured band on their wrists. There would be the committee members and guides roaming about

"Do you think I'm happy about it?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

He had a point. The Saliva Factory was worse than Daniel. And that, for me, is saying something.

"You're right," I gave in, sighing in defeat.

"Hey. Cheer up. Who knows, maybe you and Daniel become best buddies after getting to know each other?" Andrew suggested.

I snorted in response. "Yeah and I'm going to marry Percy Jackson."

Daniel and I, best buddies? Ha!

Andrew simply shook his head at me.  "Alright. Here come our partners. Let's get in line and go enjoy the carnival, yeah?"

I nodded, pouting a bit.

Andrew chuckled and ruffled my wig a bit before going to the couple. I decided that I'd busy myself until Daniel gets free because I wasn't going to go there and stand awkwardly while they conversed.

I kicked the pebbles on the road side until I spotted Emma. She was waving from the inside.

I grinned at her and waved back. She motioned for me to come near the railing and I obliged.

"Glad you could come. You'll really have fun here," she gushed and I chuckled.

"No worries. It's been a long time since I went to a carnival, anyways," I responded.

"Okay, tell me which colour band do you want? I can smuggle in a message near the entrance," she whispered quietly.

I laughed at her serious expression.

"Any would do," I replied to which she gave me a flat look.

"Don't be boring. Just choose one," she demanded.

"Okay. Let me think," I replied and started to exaggerate my response by pretending to concentrate.

"Come on. Faster, otherwise the smugglers will wander off," she said.

"Do they have dark blue?" I asked to which she grinned.

"Say no more. Okay now I'll go and wait for you both to come in," she said and turned around to leave.

I was about to do the same when suddenly something came to my mind. "Hey! Wait!" I called out.

Emma turned back and gave me a questioning look.