Chapter |21|

Chapter |21|

I'm bad when it comes to impulsive decisions. Scratch that- very bad. I guess that's why I couldn't figure out why I kissed Daniel.

I mean, I knew that the shock of the kiss would divert his attention completely, but I didn't hesitate much. It had to be because I didn't want to get caught in something that could be manipulated.

Even though my brain was telling me how wrong this was, I couldn't stop thinking how right it felt.

My stomach was creating a havoc inside and the softness of Daniel's lips spread some tingly feelings. His shock was enough to make him forget the panic attack he was experiencing.

I faintly heard the door being shut and I quickly parted from him. I took a step back in whatever space there was.

Daniel seemed to be figuring out what had just happened. I saw him shake his head violently a couple of times before slowly opening the door after confirming that Saliva Factory had gone.

Neither of us uttered a word as we both scrambled out of the cramped space.

He took in some deep ragged breaths before calming himself and sitting down on the carpeted floor.

He fetched his phone and typed in something before leaning his back on the cupboard and taking deep breaths.

Meanwhile, I stood there awkwardly in a towel. Daniel seemed to notice this after a while, since he grabbed one of his shirts and gave it to me.

I muttered a small thanks and put the t shirt on top of my towel. "Did she go?"

He takes a moment before answering. "Yeah. She's waiting for me downstairs, in the living room."

I simply nodded and started my way out of the closet but stopped when I heard my name.

I turned around to see that Daniel had gotten up and was facing me. I have him a quizzical look to which he replied by scratching the nape of his neck.

"T-Thanks for-uh yeah. I know you just did it so we won't get caught so I don't hold it against you," he said, making me sag in relief a little. At least he didn't make wrong assumptions.

There was a tinge of disappointment but I ignored that part. I nodded with a small smile. "No problem."

"So, friends?" He spoke cautiously. It was a step ahead from acquaintances so I guess that was alright.

I gave him a small smile. "Friends."

With that, I took an about turn and marched my way to my room, not wanting to get caught like this.

Friends. Maybe it was a better building of trust. Who knew, maybe we could become really good ones by the end of the Ball. At least that would be a good thing.

With that thought in mind, I quickly changed into my own clothes and went to bed.

It had been an exhausting night.

****

A weird sound woke me up. A moment later, I realised that it was coming from my stomach. I looked at the digital clock on the bed side, it read 3:47 AM in bright green digits.

I was hungry and my stomach wasn't stopping the idiotic sounds, trying to convey that it needed food to be put in, right away.

Groaning, I got up and dragged my feet downstairs towards the kitchen. Once I reached, I noticed that the lights were already on.

Was there a burglar? It was the first thought that came into my mind. But then, why would a burglar switch on a light to steal something?

Entering into the kitchen, I noticed a figure hunched beside the fridge. Daniel was poring himself a glass of orange juice. I guess even he was having a hungry moment.