Chapter |11|

Kindly Note: Daniel does NOT know why Skylar disguises herself. He is not aware about her family story.

*Not edited*

Chapter |11|

"Let's go, Penny," Andrew extends his hand and clasps mine in his as he starts dragging me away from Lacey and Daniel.

His eyes never once leave Daniel's. I see Lacey standing there with a small victorious smirk as if she won something that Andrew lost.

It was pathetic, to be honest.

I had started disliking her and her manipulativeness with passion. What was she trying to prove anyway?

Daniel's eyes travelled to Andrew and my conjoined hands and he let out a snort while rolling his eyes.

And that was the moment when I wanted to squeeze those eyes out. Bastard.

I made a slight movement of resistance as Drew lead me away from the plastic Barbie and her minion, but he just tightened his hold on my hand and increased his pace a bit.

I was never the one to stereotype people. I never agreed with the idiotic stereotype of blondes being stupid bimbos or manipulative all the time.

It wasn't as if the hair colour controlled the actions of the mind. It was stupid. And I'd learnt this another way. Alicia was not a blonde, yet she was the vilest creature I'd ever encountered.

But just because not all blondes were like that, did not mean that there weren't devious people with that hair colour who contributed so much to the stereotype.

One such example was running her hands up and down a chiseled torso in a seductive manner.

I averted my dagger-throwing eyes away from the pair and tried to match my footsteps with Andrew.

Once we were out of sight, Andrew let go of my hand and sat down, with his head in his hands. He pulled his hair out in frustration.

"I hate that bitch," he growled, glaring at the grass blades. His jaw was set in a tight lock and he looked ready to murder.

"Hey. Calm down. There's no use making that piece of shit smug over your anger. Clearly she wanted to do that," I tried to calm him down. I sat down beside him and gave him a kind of side hug.

"Thanks Skye. You're right. She is a piece of shit."

I chuckled. "But what I don't get is that if you hate her so much, why did your mom choose her?"

He gave a humourless chuckle. "She's got my mom wrapped around her pinkie. Since she knew that Emma would never choose that bitch, she sweet talked my mother into choosing her."

"That's downright desperate. But why does she want to be Daniel's partner so bad? And why wouldn't Emma choose her? She's gorgeous to look at and had this sophisticated aura around her," I voiced out my questions.

"Trust me, she is the definition of the quote 'Never judge a book by its cover'. She might seem sweet and sophisticated but she's a viscous spawn of Satan from the inside."

I didn't prod any further. Clearly it was a sensitive topic. I wanted to sock her right in the face and I don't even know why.

"Hey. Let's forget about those two for now. Come on. Let's go inside. As it is this Brunch is coming to an end," I pulled Andrew by the hand and guided him upstairs from the back.

He didn't protest much since I could see that he wanted to get away from those two right away.

Seeing him hurt didn't bring a good feeling inside me. I wanted to see the same caring and mischievous attitude back on him.