07. the bad boy gets an answer

"Got out with him." Heidi says nonchalantly, putting an apple slice into her mouth.

My eyes widen, "Excuse me?"

"He's Archer Bradshaw. He doesn't do commitment. He doesn't do dates. He loves a chase. He just wants something he can't have. So once he have you, he'll start to lose interest and forget you ever existed." Heidi explains then continue, "So say yes. Be his girlfriend."

I continue to stare at her in doubt.

Well, she makes sense too. I've dealt with boys like Archer before and that's exactly what they do. They love a chase and once they have you, they'll lose interest and dump you like a piece of trash leaving you in broken pieces.

If I act like the complete opposite of what Archer likes, he'll start to lose interest and dump me. He'll finally realize that I'm not the one for him and let me go.

"So..."

I arch an eyebrow and smirk at Heidi, knowing my answer.

-

To get this show on the road, I have to tell Archer. So after school, I'm on a mission to look for him.

The sooner I agree to be his girlfriend, the sooner he'll start to lose interest and forget all about me. Then I'll be finally free.

Walking towards the gym, I see Archer sitting down on the bench with his head down.

Once I got closer, I notice that he's staring at his bruised up and bleeding knuckles.

"What happened?" I ask with concern but then I remember that he's Archer Bradshaw and Archer Bradshaw always start fights so I answer back jokingly, "Let me guess, your parents didn't hug you enough as a kid?" I walk by his side after he noticed me and stood up.

"Yes." I tell him before he could open his mouth to speak.

"What?"

"Yes, I'll go out with you."

"Go out with me as in boyfriend and girlfriend?" Archer confirm again.

"Whatever." I shrug it off.

He immediately smiles brightly. Instead of smirking or replying with some stupid remarks, he grab my hand and surprised me by pulling me into a hug.

My eyes widen and a small gasp escapes my mouth at the sudden movement. I stand still with my hands down just hanging from my side as he hugs me tightly. Not those tight hugs that suffocates you. It's those tight hugs that presses all your broken pieces back together and makes you feel all warm and tingly inside, like you're whole again - like I can finally breath again.

I'm only agreeing to be his girlfriend to spite him. He'll lose interest in me soon and I'll be free. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

If that's so, then why is my heart beating so fast? Why does it feel so right?

a/n
I finally updated! Yeah! Finished all my finals so I'm gonna be updating frequently. 👏🏼

Questions: What's a good first date? Where would you want Archer to take Chloe to on a first date? Or what would you want them to do on a first date? Comment!

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. ;)