17. the bad boy and the bucketlist

Enjoy! ;)

-

"Here is fine." I tell Heidi once she reached the gate of our house. I didn't want to bother her more by waiting for the gate to open and driving all the way to our front porch.

"Thank you for the ride." I thank Heidi before getting out of her car. I close the door and watch as she drives away.

I spin around to face the gate. I enter in the pin number to open the gate. This house is too much. I mean, I get it that they're rich but do they really have to have this gate here and the house 2 minutes away.

I shouldn't be complaining. After all, this is my step-dad's house.

I enter and close the gate behind me. I start to walk through the long driveway in the dark.

The 1 minute walk to the house was, surprisingly, quiet and relaxing. I needed it.

Once I got closer to the house, I see Archer's car in the driveway in front of our porch. What is he doing here?

My heart began to beat faster from nervousness.

He must be here to see Jace. Yes, he must be or else why would he be here? He has no reason to see me or even talk to me, I assure myself and continue walking to the door but stop when I realize Jace isn't home.

I inhale and exhale, trying to calm myself down. My heart starts to beat faster and faster. It's that feeling you get when you're about to do a presentation in front of everyone in class. The feeling when your heart just keeps beating faster and faster to the point where you could even hear the sound of your own heart beat then you start to wonder if everyone could hear it too.

Stop it, heart.

I'll just go inside the house, go straight to my room, and lock the doors. Yup, sounds like a plan.

I hesitantly walk towards the front door.

Tap tap tap

Once I reached the door, I hear a distinct sound coming from the left side of the house.

Tap tap tap

I stop in my track. Am I just hearing things?

Tap

This time, the sound was loud and clear. I hesitate for a while, but - oh what the hell - I walk to the side of the house and see none other than Archer throwing rocks at my window. Does he not know that I'm not in my room?

"Wow, you hate me that much that you sneak into our house and throw rocks at my window?" He jumps back and somehow ended up falling down on the ground. Clearly, I surprised him.

He quickly gets up and pretend like that just didn't happen. I raise an eyebrow, cross my arms, and lean more on my left leg to look intimidating and angry for what he did.

That night is still vivid in my head.

He scratch the back of his head in embarrassment and smile lopsided at me.

Archer walks closer to me.

"I was just...testing the quality of that window. It's a good window."