21. the good girl wants another chance

The whole class clap their hands as the bell rings.

Finished just in time.

Carter and I just finished our presentation on Australia. I think the girls only paid attention because of Carter. He's quite the charmer.

"Karen and Pat, you guys will present next class." Mrs. Smith tells them then to the class, "That's it for today."

Everyone quickly gather their things and one by one they leave the class.

Carter and I went back to our seats. I stuff my folders and pens in my backpack then carry it behind my back.

I walk to the door only to meet Carter. I stop to let him go first but he smile and bow his head.

"Ladies first."

I smile, "Such a gentleman." I walk out the door followed by Carter.

"How did I do? Amazing, I'm guessing." Carter answer his own question with a smirk.

We walk through the hall.

"Did you see the girls checking me out in there?" Carter asks, referring to earlier in class. I roll my eyes at him for being such a conceited girl.

"Sure. They looked like they just wanted to eat you up," I joke.

He chuckle. "What can I say? I'm just that delicious." He hold his arms up, flexing them, "Wanna give it a taste?" He flash me a smirk and wiggle his eyebrows.

I laugh at the face he's making and sock him in the stomach playfully. "In your dreams."

I was about to speed walk ahead to ditch him but stop in my track when I see Archer and Jace walking towards us.

Archer's wandering eyes caught mine. I froze in my spot as our eyes lock. His eyes makes me forget how to breath.

After a brief second, he break away. He's ignoring me. That's all he's been doing ever since he came back to school. Avoiding me and ignoring me. Pretending like I don't even exist at all.

I shouldn't care. I broke up with him. I hurt him. And yet, I still care and it hurts knowing that he's pretending like I don't exist at all.

Archer and Jace walk past Carter and I.

I inhale, remembering how to breath again.

"It takes time." Carter tells me. I turn to him and see him giving me a sympathetic look before catching up to Archer and Jace.

I watch them as they walk further down the hallway.

"Hey." Heidi appear before me, blocking my view of their retreating back.

I focus on her. "Hi." I smile.

"You're going to the charity ball tonight, right?" She asks, making sure.